• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Links worst moves?

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Hey in response to his best moves I decided I'd make a worst move one.
In YOUR OPINION what is Young Link's worst move and why?
In YOUR OPINION what is Young Link's move useless move and why?
Also which young link move do you use the least?

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think that his spin attack (up-b) is his worst move. The reason being i almost never use it. Now I use it alittle more just to expand my play and keep my opponent guessing (cant always utilt or nair off a grab). But seriously what is it for? You can hardly edge gaurd with it, the only time I reall find myself using it is when I'm recovering from off the stage.

I think Young Links move useless move is his U-smash. Now I know that it CAN be used, but WHY? It leaves you open to getting owned if you miss. And the u-tilt just always seems to be a better choice. Now I do use this move, mostly by accident however.

I think the move I use the least with YL is probably his dair, I used to spam it all the time. I just dont seem to use it much though now, the lag time kills me, and i usually settle for the nair. I know the dair is a good move but I just dont use it that much, probably not as much as I should.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Worst: upsmash (3 hits, rarely ever hits all 3, and its crappy)
Useless: 1/2 of the dair (when are you ever going to pull that fire spike effectively off the edge)
Least: wow... i have to say the dair... i accidentally usmash all the time...

Laijin

Smash Hero
Young Link's up-B is one of the best recovery moves in the game. It covers him from the sides and protects him from characters who jump out to attack him, plus..its just simply awesome for recovery distance wise.

Up-smash is acutally quite good. You can easily get two up-smashes off fast fallers as an easy combo. Its very effective after b-air too.

D-air is one of his main kill moves. Fire spike is useless unless your some kind of smash god who can pull it off all the time without being hit.

His worst move is his foward smash. The first hit has no knockback, so its an always gaurenteed your GOING to get countered if you do it.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
the move i think its the worst to use in gameplay is probably the up-b, its a good recovery and all but when u try and up-b ur opponent only to find out they DI'd out of it with ease, ur in for a punishing.

most useless move? id have to say dsmash... psyche! probably his fsmash, the first hit really. it hardly does any knockback resulting in getting jabbed or jus plain countered and when i try to time fsmash for the second hit its easily seen and shieldgrabbed.

i use usmash the least in my ylink matches. i find it a bit difficult to spot times when i can use it and hit with all 3 hits or at least the last one. it does leave u open for a good time, but i do use it against fast fallers. characters other than fast fallers can easily DI or jus evade it.

_clinton

Smash Master
In YOUR OPINION what is Young Link's worst move and why?

For attack Spin attack- the same reason everyone else has said DI

In YOUR OPINION what is Young Link's move useless move and why?

Forward Smash 1st hit same reason everyone else has said.

Also which young link move do you use the least?

I don't know ok maybe the two moves I just said.

Best move that is under rated IMO

Dash Attack- It is way better then A Link's one. It knocks the foe low and sends them flying pretty well imo.

Best move for Killing

Down Smash- Some people I use to know though that YL only had to good killing moves (2nd hit of F smash and down A) They don't like this move BTW.

Top Bottom