• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link ----> TLink or Link?

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
I have a similar problem, because I have a pocket YL in Melee and TL is my secondary in PM.
What I do is just practice going back in forth from YL to TL. So I'll play like 5 matches with YL in Melee and then go to PM and play 5 matches with TL in PM and so on.
I wouldn't recommend switching to Link if you already know you like Toon Link, Link would give you the same problem that you have now even though he's more similar to Young Link. It's all up to you, but this is my input.

TL;DR - Stick to Toon Link and just practice switching back and forth until you get used to the transition.

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the insight. Studying link a bit, it does seem like I would have the same problem with him-----> Ylink in Melee. I guess I'll just need to practice more and get used to it

Foo

Smash Lord
If it makes a difference to you, it's worth noting that toonlink is much stronger than link in PM this patch

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I play both, so I kinda feel you. When I started playing melee again, my Young Link needed training. Toon Link is my PM main. Think of them as different characters. Identify them as clones of each other (Like Toon Link being Young Link's Succesor, which he is in the actual games). Say you play Fox and then try to play as Falco. They're definitely simalar, though also slightly different. After a while of playing both, your own body will be able to differentiate depending on who you choose. See the differences between the two. Toon Link has a different nair, bair, up smash, and forward smash.

Top Bottom