• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link over Link

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
this has never been an issue

ylink > link

no doubt about it

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Horizontal recovery is better than vertical. You wont need vertical reocvery unless you get spiked. And YL makes up for that anyways with his hookshot :|
yep

didnt say vertical was better then horizontal anyway.

calmlunatic

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'd take horizontal any day.

Anyways, YL has the wall jump, fire arrows, a 2 hit smash attack, a combo spin attack and (for some reason) multi-hit bombs. It's no contest really. Surely the fact that you have to unlock him is a sure sign that he's better?

HiIH

Smash Lord
Too bad YL's hook shot sucks for normal recoveries, most of the time anyway.

Meh I personally can't play as young link after playing Link so much. His moves just don't combo as well to me, not to mention... the reach, oh the reach.

Also he lacks a decent SKRAAAAAAH, the most defining factor of any form of Link.

And CL, sorry to burst your bubble, but Link also has a 2 hit smash attack, except his first hit actually does some decent knockback, with around the same power in the second slash as well..... <.<;

Top Bottom