• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link in PAL

Callinater

Smash Rookie
There is something I find strange about how the PAL version of melee is handled. When looking at the patch notes, it seems Adult Link had been nerfed quite a bit. Yet people think he is tournament viable. ????

Young link hadn't seem to gotten any nerf or buff. So why is he borderline bottom tier?
I know he struggles to kill and the "DRAMATICALLY reduced knock back" doesn't help either. But doesn't this benefit him too? I mean, he was very easy to kill in NTSC, but I feel like he has better survivability due to the knock back being nerfed. Though the knock back being reduced can be a pain, the same can apply to everyone else, so it could balance out....right?

Wouldn't it be easier to combo people? (e.g., down grab, down throw, down grab, down throw, neutral air)
Or maybe here in Europe people have different regional play styles?

No one talks about YL in PAL. So I hope someone can address this issue. Also, Why is Adult Link ranked higher in Pal?
Thanks.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Tiers are based on tournament results. The smash community isnt as large in europe and even in the US there are very few YL players.

Callinater

Smash Rookie
Tiers are based on tournament results. The smash community isnt as large in europe and even in the US there are very few YL players.
Yeah, true. Though I haven't played NTSC, I think Young Link might be better in PAL, judging by the patch notes.

Top Bottom