• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young link combos?

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
lol most of yls combos are 2 hit combos
try
bomb>dair
fair>dsmash
bair>dashatack
i like using
fair>grounded up b> uair juggle

p.s u can also use nair in place of the fairs

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Now the only characters that can pull off consistent awesome combos are fox, falco, marth, and shiek. Any 11 hit combo that does 120% damage can't be executed by any other character consistently. Only those four. The rest have to rely on 2-4 hit combos. Especially with Young Link you'll never discover something comparable to Falco's pillar in the combo department. He's just not combo oriented. With that said don't be expecting anything amazing. Although amazing combos can be pulled off by any character if you have a good eye for it. Just look at Wak. But remember none of them are consistent.

Anything starting off from a bomb, boomerang, or arrow is a good combo for me. The most consistent way of starting a combo though is by grabbing someone or u-tliting/u-smashing someone. Like so:

U-throw>uair
D-throw>uair/dair
D-throw>nair
U-tilt>uair/dair
U-smash>uair/dair

There's also popping someone in the air and juggling them with uairs.

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
ylink can combo well cuz of his speed and range of attacks, but its all instinct. i dont think there are any extensive combos that u can practice and use regularly. just get good with ylink and feel it out

technomancer

Smash Champion
Now the only characters that can pull off consistent awesome combos are fox, falco, marth, and shiek. Any 11 hit combo that does 120% damage can't be executed by any other character consistently. Only those four. The rest have to rely on 2-4 hit combos.
This is the falsest statement of all time, ever, and I can't believe you forgot Captain Falcon.

pdk

Smash Lord
dthrow -> utilt -> anything

that's all you need to know son

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
Now the only characters that can pull off consistent awesome combos are fox, falco, marth, and shiek.
dthrow -> nair -> dthrow -> nair -> uair -> uair -> knee
is something you'll see every other match with a good Captain falcon against a space animal

mario?
jab -> dthrow -> utilt -> utilt -> dair -> uair -> uair -> fsmash

low tier? taj, all day with mewtwo
dthrow -> dtilt -> dtilt -> fair -> fair -> fair -> nair

lots of characters have good comboing potential

check out ka-masters combo vid, phanna mint's, etc
and these are characters not known for comboing.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Most of YL's comboing isn't by the book. He's got combo potential in that he can follow up on a variety of launch trajectories.

Captain Falcon can combo somebody like nobody's business because he can perform a combo that's very difficult to DI out of for a certain charachter.

Young Link can combo somebody because no matter how the other charachter DI's, YL's speed, projectiles, and disjointed hitboxes usually allow him to follow up. Remember, Young Link is all about the combo.

The Captain falcon combo style is generally better. (Why do people say he's got the nastiest all around combo game ever? I dunno, guess.) However, YL's combo game is a lot more fluid, intuitive, and for me, easier to work with. Rather than knowing the combo for every situation, you do something that works off the top of your head, and have a decent chance of success. I suck as falcon, though, so I'm probably not the best one to ask.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Just play it by instinct, don't go for a particular combo every time.

Sometimes I'll do things like D.Tilt -> dash attack -> Nair/Fair -> Nair/Fair -> ...

Other times I'll toss 'em into the air, start using Utilts, then back off, pull out a bomb, and work into a combo using the bomb (Dair, Fair, Nair, boomerang, whatever).

Be random with your combos, but know what you're doing in that randomness (essentially, have control of it)

Top Bottom