• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Link Arrow Onto Stage From Ledge

LukeStormwalker

Smash Rookie
I was just playing around with some Young Link options in training mode and found an option that could potentially be useful with some work. I found a way to land onstage from ledge while using an arrow to cover you.

To do this, you have to start by dropping from the ledge you're holding onto. Then double jump, wall jump off the stage and immediately b reverse an arrow. If done correctly you should land onstage. It might take a bit of practice to get down, the timing of the b reverse is kind of tricky. You can also fire your arrows at different heights depending on where you wall jump from. I don't know everything you can do with this yet, or even if it's that useful but I thought I'd share.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Its a known tech that was around since brawl. Toonlink was able to do this.

For Young Link its very good since arrows have like no lag and they travel fast with the advantage of young links fast fall speed making getting to the ground faster. It throws out a hitbox your opponent has to respect often giving a chance to get yourself in a better position or going for a grab/followup if they shield/get hit.

It is a ledge drop get up option so be careful since getting hit out of it leaves you with no double jump and often offstage in a position prone to being edgeguarded. So be wary using it unsafely, it is a commitment.

Top Bottom