• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Horsetail's Obscure Franchises For SSB4 Blog

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Link to original post: [drupal=4864]Young Horsetail's Obscure Franchises For SSB4 Blog[/drupal]

Mostly my blog about my ideas and gathering of elements from the obscure/d-list of Nintendo-games, including Starfy, Nazo No Murasame-Jo, Panel De Pon, Sin & Punishment, and so on. I'll sometimes play those games through for seeing what elements from those games were most prominent or important enough for franchise presentation. Also there's some character moveset ideas which would somehow incorporate the moves from characters' respective games. Item ideas will be done here as well, but not stage ideas. /Starphoenix does the job very well on that/

Franchises I'm trying to tackle now:

- Legendary Starfy/Densetsu No Stafy (Clearing the third game again)

- Panel De Pon (Pretty much complete, maybe)

- Tingle-series /Have to play the first game again, gah.../

- Sin & Punishment /First game cleared, the second one's under beginning)

- Kid Icarus /Cleared the first game, but I assume many have now, but anyway/

- Nazo No Murasame Jo (Clearing the first game right now...)

There might be more, but listing here now those which could get a rep. Punch-Out and Golden Sun are being quite popular, so I won't list em. Though Japan seems to treat them quite low.

If you have a franchise you'd like to see in SSB4 and is obscure, I'd like to take look at it. It's bit based on can I afford it these days tho...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Some notes about Starfy 2 and what I'd like to see stuff about it if it was referenced in SSB4:

[collapse= General Thoughts and Memorable Things]
Cleared Stafy 2.

It's a great improvement on first Stafy, being much more longer (maybe too much longer, 11 worlds? C'mon), and has more content to keep you playing. The abilities are also well established in this game.

The game had also it's good parts:

- Some good music (it became much better near end of the game, though, 9nth and 10nth world had the best music in my opinion)

- Kyorosuke/Moe is sometimes sucha comic relief. He seems to have things for women, At the last world, he and Stafy had to see a video about Ogura's schemes.Kyorosuke dropped a video which was colored pink, and when Stafy looked at it, I died.

It was seemingly having ecchi fish. XDDDD

Kyorosuke of course was blushing angrily like there was no tomorrow.

- The ending... man. Stafy finally got back to his mom. When I thought that by Starfy's 7-year old's eyes, it became 10000x cuter and heartwarming.

Good game, but not as good as Stafy 3, though. That's the game where Starly/Stapy makes her debut appearance. And Wario appears to help Stafy for one WHOLE WORLD in the game. Awesome.

Characters: *spoilers ahead*

[collapse=characters]- Old Man Lobber became sucha BADASS MOFO at the final boss. Just when I confronted Ogura in his boss room, he was seemingly invicible and unbeatable.
Starfy of course losed at him, and Ogura just tried to finish him, but then Kyorosuke comes in to protect the little guy (after all the time I think he's little of a jerk at times on Starfy)

Then... Old Man Lobber. He had an awesome forcefield around him and he started to battle against Ogura. (Okay, more like bumping to him fiercely).

Really, it was awesome. He better be made into an Assist Trophy, or at least have a mention of him being much more powerful than he looks.

- I'd loved that Dragon helper. His music fitted with the sections where I used him. Him using Stafy as a shield was also quite cute.[/collapse]

Music:

Like I said before, I'd wish they included these two musics, remixed.

World 9: Resshi Lake/Loch Ness Lagoon

Make tempo much more faster and remix it to sound quite happy yet exciting for the chaotic mood of SSB4, but keep the playfulness intact.

World 10: Torrent's Waterfall Wall

Remix this at least in similar fashion as how Flower Fields in Brawl was: turn it more playful and catchy! It's already quite catchy though, but if more catchier, the BETTER.[/collapse]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, retros also qualify? In that case, Muddy Mole of Mole Mania. I already have quite a few things in mind if you need assistance finding things. I already have a Muddy Move set, Codec conversation, Kirby hat and palette swaps, ect. As well as a Mole Mania stage, and am currently working on an Assist Trophy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Mole Mania, I remember that game! I'll put it on reserve for ya. Good to hear that you have things done mostly tho. (-lvl-)

D

Deleted member

I've played the original S&P game and while I haven't finished it, it was great.

Top Bottom