• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Young Cricket (Game & Wario) for ssb4

Status
Not open for further replies.

slambros

Smash Ace
During today's Nintendo direct, there was a trailer for Game & Wario. One of the minigames that were featured had a new, cool-looking character named Young Cricket. I think his timing is either absolutely perfect or too late, depending on personal preference.

His moveset would be indefinitely be based around kung fu moves. He's definitely a good jumper!
One move could possibly use dumplings, though I wouldn't count on that.

Not sure about a final smash, though.

Colors: Either his karate outfit could change color or his belt could change color. I like the belt color change more.

Enjoy Discussion!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Saw this coming.

Got no problem with another WarioWare character. So why the **** not? He'd probably have Falco-like jumps.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This really isn't the best way to support a character. May I suggest referring to the other character threads to know what the primary post should look like.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Yeah, this thread really could use some more information about the character.

For anybody whom has not seen or heard of Cricket, here are a few pictures of him:

As you may have guessed from the pictures, Cricket is a martial arts user. He trains under a martial arts master named Mantis. Despite his silent and serious appearance and demeanour, Cricket has a rather comical side. In the upcoming Wii U game, Game & Wario, Cricket's stages involve a lot of jumping, hence his name. Whilst Cricket is constantly jumping high into the air (with apparently no control), the player must guide him to the stage's goal whilst gathering dumplings and steering clear of pits, traps, and other obstacles.

If Cricket does make it in Smash 4, I fancy his moves would consist mostly, if not completely, of martial arts moves. Like Diddy Kong said, he would probably have very high jumps, and would probably be fairly lightweight. And, as the topic author said, he does look pretty cool. As a punching-and-kicking figher, Cricket would undoubtedly make an interesting and unique addition to the Smash Bros series.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Master Mantis: Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.
Young Cricket: If I test you then , you'll tell my why.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wouldn't mind him. For some reason, I imagine him as a mix of Sheik and Captain Falcon is terms of normal moves.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah maybe you should put some more effort into your primary post. Like suggest a possible moveset and everything.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind Young Cricket (or any Wario Ware character, really) making it into smash.

Oh and yeah, he appeared in Wario Ware Smooth Moves first before Game & Wario.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thank you. I will add more information to any future threads.
Man, you should complete one thread before moving to the next.

Edit the first post. Press the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post, and then click "More Options"

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This would actually be pretty cool.
Big fan of warioware series, even more than than the wario land series.
Cricket would be fun to play as, or at least original in that his refined martial arts skills would be unique to smash, similar to Lucario, but speedier.
Surprised ya made a thread about him without looking up where he originated from or really anything about him. But I guess that just shows that his cool look alone is enough to sell him.

Colors: Either his karate outfit could change color or his belt could change color. I like the belt color change more.
Enjoy Discussion!
But he doesn't wear a belt...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This would actually be pretty cool.
Big fan of warioware series, even more than than the wario land series.
Cricket would be fun to play as, or at least original in that his refined martial arts skills would be unique to smash, similar to Lucario, but speedier.
Surprised ya made a thread about him without looking up where he originated from or really anything about him. But I guess that just shows that his cool look alone is enough to sell him.
Heh, that is true. I have always been interested in this character since I saw his sticker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And since Game & Wario, he has grown on me even more.

Cricket's stages in Game & Wario do look pretty fun and challenging. It would be cool, in mine opinion, if they gave him his own game which was just like his gameplay in Game & Wario, but with a lot more stages. I would definitely buy it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just googled Game & Wario. Saw this:

Is this a masturbating minigame where you have to dodge getting caught by demon mother?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No offense, but can someone else take over this thread and get it into proper shape?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Just googled Game & Wario. Saw this:

Is this a masturbating minigame where you have to dodge getting caught by demon mother?
The reason why he got caught is because he's facing the wrong way. He's gotta watch for intruders.:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom