• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You know, voice acting is something I'd love to do

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
It's been a dream of mine for quite some time.

The closest I'll be getting to that though is I'm going to be a narrator for a Brawl mod that is going to be extremely broken and unbalanced.

But in the future, I plan on making cartoons, and I plan on being the narrator plus background voices.

But some less realistic things I'd love to do, I'd love to voice Falco or Wolf in Smash 5. I feel like I could do those characters justice.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Maybe instead of just wishing, you do a voice sample and upload it to YouTube? Even when you have no views, it's the experience that counts.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
It's been a dream of mine for quite some time.

The closest I'll be getting to that though is I'm going to be a narrator for a Brawl mod that is going to be extremely broken and unbalanced.

But in the future, I plan on making cartoons, and I plan on being the narrator plus background voices.

But some less realistic things I'd love to do, I'd love to voice Falco or Wolf in Smash 5. I feel like I could do those characters justice.
Its a goal of mine as well. As Pat Carroll (the voice of Ursula in The Little Mermaid said), probably one of the most important things you can do if you want to go into any form of acting, is to start with the theater. She also says diction and enunciation is very important, more so than on a daily conversation basis (since we can often slur our words together, and you gotta be as clear as possible behind the mic, to make the character really pop).

I'd say one of the most important things is find your own voice. You wanna do Falco, then make sure its the best damn Falco that ever existed. Take how Falco sounds and put a twist on it, without going too over the top. I wish I could do Fox Steve Malpass-style (which I think is the best Fox voice to date), but I don't think I can precisely emulate that ype of voice. Star Fox wise, I could probably do Peppy or Wolf, Wolf just with a smoother tone. At one time, I could do Waluigi almost spot on.

But yeah, the best advice I can give at this point is find your own voice, it'll help you stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Maybe you could upload those cartoon sketches sometime.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Well, make sure you're prepared to have your voice strained because they'll make you retake it until it's to their liking.

Top Bottom