• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys want to know something funny?

_clinton

Smash Master
I was fighting a Luigi CPU, and you know about that move that CPU Luigi nevers uses right, Green Missile :chuckle: (is that how you spell it)

Well He got a misfire on me and I was right next to him when it happened :laugh: I was using PK Shove at the time...

guess what happened... My Shove Knocked him out of his Misfire... a 2% attack stopped a 25% one :grin:

So after wasting the Luigi CPU (he only used Green missile on me about 30 more times in that fight) I was wondering how will they upgrade the CPU when Brawl comes out, will they do something cool like make the CPU not run into Smashes or fully powered PK Flashes and Flare Blades (It only seems to be that way when I'm playing as someone else besides Bowser (which is the real reason why people say he sucks)).

My point is everyone else has an easier time then Bowser.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
The CPU's were made to entertain you when you can't play with humans that's why they're stupid

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
they could program it to adapt, avoid using laggy attacks or teach it to calculate risk (yeah, right).

_clinton

Smash Master
Um I know that CPU Luigi only uses his >+B rarly (by what I mean to the point were it KO's him all the time)

But I made this to talk about another thing... PK Shove stoped the Luigi's >+B misfire!

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Um I know that CPU Luigi only uses his >+B rarly (by what I mean to the point were it KO's him all the time)

But I made this to talk about another thing... PK Shove stoped the Luigi's >+B misfire!
Well it's not too suprising, it has aoemwgoewmgo-holy-crap-gmeiagewm priority.

_clinton

Smash Master
Read your first post, near the bottom for the answer to how you insulted bowser
That is not an Insult ok.

Bowser is a big target, and that means that he is easier for a CPU to read (check it out on Battle field with check out Bowser's up smash and then try Pichu's Up smash for when the CPU is on a legde right above you)

Yeah that is just one example ok.

IT IS NOT AN INSULT!!!!!!!!!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It isn't an insult it is pointing out what is (painfully) true.

_clinton

Smash Master
Thank you annoying1359 if we could still give Rep. I would give it to you right now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
That glitch is pretty fun. Super fast forward on Artificial Stupidity, good times.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Programming a CPU to be actually smart is NOT in fact impossible. In fact it would be quite a simple matter to program a CPU that could pwn any Pro in the world. They'd be incredibly cheap, and be able to read your attacks as soon as you make them, but still. Regardless, no computer AI can be like a human, it's simply not possible(yet), since humans can learn and change their strategy better and faster than most AI. The AIs in melee are pretty simple, but it's not too difficult to fix, you simply have to put in a learning curve. If the enemy gets their *** kicked by your Fsmash, then they use that particular strategy less often in deference to another(possibly randomly seeded) strategy. Hell even old Mortal Kombats have a fairly simple version of this.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, suppose in Smash fox would use JC shine if:
-The opponent was in the hitbox range
-An attack was one frame away from hitting Fox
-A grab hitbox was one frame from contact with Fox

that would be invincibility.

Top Bottom