• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can't play tourney while in Smash Purgatory

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
For those who don't know what smash purgatory is, its when the game bans you from public servers and only matches you up with other banned people in for glory... Just wanted to say you can not play Tournament mode while you are banned.

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
What do you mean exactly by the statement you can't play tournament mode?

I am in banland and joined a tourney fine but it never seemed to match me up with anyone so I quit. I wasn't sure if it was because of banland or because I was too impatient.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean exactly by the statement you can't play tournament mode?

I am in banland and joined a tourney fine but it never seemed to match me up with anyone so I quit. I wasn't sure if it was because of banland or because I was too impatient.
Maybe its different when you join non Nintendo hosted tourneys.

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
Can you explain to me what you were not able to do?

I can go to tournament mode in the online area and then choose from a tournament in the list and sign up.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Every single time I try to enter a tournament it says I can not enter, even if try to enter a tournament with 0 players in it. I am currently in banland so I just assumed banland was the reason I could not join. Maybe there are different levels of banland.

Top Bottom