• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can use the hookshot more than once in the air!

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
lol...toon link never had a reaching grapple hook in any of his games. And If you bring up the one in WW, that was only on horizontal poles, where he used his hookshot to get to other places.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Why is everyone calling it the grappling hook?
It's quite obviously the hookshot. It even makes the same noise as the hookshot.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah!

Um yeah, no joke! Just because in Phantom Hourglass there was no Hookshot, doesn't mean Toon Link hasn't used it! He has one in Wind Waker, and after he finds it, it is used more than the grappling hook.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
It is a hookshot, not the grappling hook.

The grappling hook is on a rope...you don't see him swinging a rope around in the game do you? No. He just shoots a chain out of a handle...this is called a hookshot.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hookshot? He...he never had a hookshot...you mean grappling hook right? right?? RIGHT?????

Sakurai!!! Everything was fine, and then you slapped me with this??? Nooooo!

:crying::crying:

Edit: Oh wait, he got one in the Wind Temple, my bad. Still, Im sad. grappling hook would be so much more awesome.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
*Luls at everyone who called the Hookshot a completely different item*

Hm. That is a nice find. It could possibly mean that TP Link can use the Hookshot twice as well. Maybe not.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow it does sound like it could help with aerial combos. Whoa, I just thought of something awesome but cheap. What if they had the ability to grab in the air and have aerial throws? I actually don't think that would be too bad of an idea.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
i dont know ill main link and him toon link. TL is a lil too light for me but he looks sooooo cool.

HaXer

Smash Cadet
Ya This is good think. Then i can play with combos. Does The Suicide Work with it... Someone recovering u Catch him with hook shot And u die With him

Saunic

Smash Rookie
Beware, with any character who have a "hookshot" (ZSS, Samus, Sheik, Link, T.Link), you can use the Hookshot as many times as you want, BUT, in order to prevent "hookshot stalling", the hookshot cannot grab the edge if it already grabbed the edge 3 times.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Unless it's been changed, the number is only reset if you've touhed the ground.

The invincibility platform does not count (as I've learned from training mode when playing around with the super boomerang jump)

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Wow nice find! I play :toonlink: in Brawl and he is really fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom