• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can actually voice chat in Super Smash Bros. Brawl online!

D

Deleted member

Now before scolding me out saying I'm a lier, let me attempt to explain myself. It is possible to talk online in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Here is what you'll need:

1. An Ventrilo Program: This is a program that let's you chat with anyone in here.
2. A mic used for chatting with other people.
3. You have to be near by your TV where you play online Wii games.
4. Someone needs to make a room dedicated to this site.

Trust me, this will work. All we need from there is someone to make a room in Ventrilo and then things can kick off.

This isn't meant to be adversitement, this is something that can actually enrich online in any online-capable game.

Note: If I am breaking the rules, moderaters should lock this thread as soon as possible.

highfive

Smash Lord
Interesting concept.

Personally I'm against it. I'd rather remain anonymous when I go to aib to beat scrubs.

Meccs

@Meccs_
An easier way would be to just open a voice chat over X-Box Live. You can just switch your AV cables/whatever and you'll be able to use your Mic with all of Brawl on the TV.
But I guess not everybody has Live, and you'd set it up after you find somebody to play...
Do you mean like a voice version of fsmash.org?

D

Deleted member

An easier way would be to just open a voice chat over X-Box Live. You can just switch your AV cables/whatever and you'll be able to use your Mic with all of Brawl on the TV.
But I guess not everybody has Live, and you'd set it up after you find somebody to play...
Do you mean like a voice version of fsmash.org?
Your suggestion is good, but not everyone has Xbox Live. Heck, many of those people don't even own an Xbox 360, myself included.

BTW, what do you mean by a voice version of fsmash.org? I have no familarity with that.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I myself chat while Brawling others through Skype. I don't suggest this if you don't have a computer/laptop to be in the same room as where you're Brawling or if you have a bad connection; bad connection = even laggier Brawling if you're in a call.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Yeah I'm in the opposite end; I have an XBox, but my computer is both crap and in another room.
Fsmash.org is a site that helps you find people to play online in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I myself chat while Brawling others through Skype. I don't suggest this if you don't have a computer/laptop to be in the same room as where you're Brawling or if you have a bad connection; bad connection = even laggier Brawling if you're in a call.
I have Skype and my computer is in the exact same room as where I play my Wii games. I also have a very good Internet connection. However, the only thing I'm lacking is something to use as a voice chat like for example, a headset.

Yeah I'm in the opposite end; I have an XBox, but my computer is both crap and in another room.
Fsmash.org is a site that helps you find people to play online in Brawl.
Thank you for letting me know about Fsmash.org

Top Bottom