• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You better hope you never have to face this

ss118

Smash Master
Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Roar
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/160 Atk/96 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Cosmic Power
---
Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 184 HP/108 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Roost
---
Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/68 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar
---
Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Payback
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
---
Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/100 Spd/76 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Reflect
---

ss118

Smash Master
I can handle the more common taunt users depending on who they are.

Azelf obviously loses to Tyranitar, Gliscor generally can't get through Vaporeon and Rotom. Gyarados would have been troublesome if it ever had a chance to come in. Plus vaporeon keeps it in check with SS and SR.

Last resort is Forretress exploding.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Jirachi with Cosmic Power is very interesting. I've tried Cosmic Power Clefable before.

What does Gliscor do?

Why does Tyranitar have Roar?

Why Spikes instead of Toxic Spikes?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
What does Gliscor do?
If I had to guess (as I'm not the owner of this team, I obviously can't say), Gliscor is there to make either Jirachi or Forretress hurt pretty badly and make them even harder to take down than they already are. Or it just SDs and then uses the boost for itself as it tries to wall some physical attackers. Either one works.

Why does Tyranitar have Roar?
That bulky of a Ttar with SR, Roar, Rest, and Lum Berry can make for a pretty nasty shuffler if you do it right. Personally, I like it. :)

Why Spikes instead of Toxic Spikes?
Think of the amount of things that are of poison-type or steel-type in the current OU metagame. When thinking like that, it should be pretty obvious why you'd usually take Spikes over Toxic Spikes.

ss118

Smash Master
Though Writer did a good job answering the questions, I thought I would elaborate more on why I chose them.

Gliscor is used primarily for checking certain physical threats, wearing down on threats(hence the Yache Berry) and attempting to sweep, setting up Jirachi, who with an SD enables it to break through Leftovers Magnezone and Heatran, while also being a last-ditch effort to win with Sand Veil.

Tyranitar has Roar because people tend to think of him as set-up bait otherwise. If they have Taunt I handle them differently as I addressed earlier: plus he lives so long I can just sit down and use SR to wear down the opposing team with usually no conflict.

Spikes hits more and is harder to remove. Plus Forretress doesn't usually attack so he needs something to do with his turns.

Top Bottom