• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You are not the BOSS of me (Boss Battle Creation Forum Game)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This is my take on the whole subgenre of thread game. I decided to focus this game on some potential what ifs, that being:

What if certain characters were boss fights in Super Smash Bros

The rules of the thread are simple, I will start by posting a video game character and then someone else will adapt that character into a Super Smash Bros boss fight, then after that, they will post a video game character of their own for a different viewer to adapt into their own boss fight; and so on and so forth, and the cycle repeats. I expect this thread to bring an eclectic mix of characters from different franchises, though I do want to say and not go too obscure in your character choices, that's just not fun. Anyway I just hope this will be a fun creative writing exercise for people to have fun at.

Anyway, here is the first character

1687581065594.png

Subject 1:
Mew
Pokemon

Like I said, how the game works is that someone will adapt the character I selected into a Smash Bros styled boss fight, maybe including some flare like multiple phases and entrance and defeat animations, though that is not required. Someone should just adapt Mew into a Smash Bros boss fight then post a character for someone else to adapt into a boss fight of their own to continue the cycle.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
*Mew
I meant Mew
Just a random character to start off with, Mew has basically been superfluous ever since Brawl since it only acts a cameo, so I feel like it should do something. Why not a boss? Its deep movepool gives it room for creativity.

Darlinkio

Smash Rookie
Just a random character to start off with, Mew has basically been superfluous ever since Brawl since it only acts a cameo, so I feel like it should do something. Why not a boss? Its deep movepool gives it room for creativity.
I see...now, question, how good are you at designing Boss concepts yourself? Because...I could do with done assistance.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I see...now, question, how good are you at designing Boss concepts yourself? Because...I could do with done assistance.
Here is a template to help you:

Boss:
Franchise:
Intro Animation:
Attack Name 1:
Attack Name 2:
Attack Name 3:
Etc
Phases
Defeat
Misc Info

I usually use this template when making a boss, afterwards you pick a video game character that can be used to make another Smash Bros-styled boss.

Top Bottom