• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's N-air-ly Boots

Charu

Smash Cadet
Hey fam, got a hot minute (despite this board looking deader than some random forum I browse through on GameFAQs)?

Now I don't know if it's a good habit or not because it works 50/50 of the time, but I often get in the habit of approaching my opponent like a gosh darn blood crazed T-rex with nothing but short hop N-Airs. Afterwards, if I do get in, I repeatedly do the same motion: Short Hop -> Diagonal C-Stick N-Air -> Fast Fall.

Don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but for whatever reason, the opponent seems to not be able to get out of N-Air strings of 9-10% damage, or simply they're trying to counter it with something, but my N-Air just beats whatever they try to do. I say I'm relying WAY TOO MUCH on N-Air, so I come in to ask you folks if that's a bad habbit that I should instantly break?

Also, I remember when this board was popping when I check in and lurk, where'd ya all go?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Well, first of all, using one move out of a character's entire moveset means you're not using as much as you could. I mean, you could play Little Mac with only Fsmash, but that'd be ignoring his Dtilt, PP Utilt, and, really, all of his other moves. You could play with Nair alone, but I doubt it would work in high level play. The main weaknesses that come to mind is the bad range and the fact that it's unsafe on shield (unless you're doing rising Nairs, though it sounds like you're not doing that). Basically, if you're planning on playing at a higher level than For Glory, you should probably learn to use other moves (I'm thinking about Fair, Up B, Uair, and Jab) since you'll start having problems against people with swords or people who know how to shield. Also, if you haven't tried it already, SHAD Nairs (Short hop airdodge, then Nair) can be another way you can use Nair.

Pretty much everybody is partying in Discord, but if you think the Yoshi boards are dead, there's other character boards who take a full week before getting a single message. Not going to call it out this time, but the Yoshi boards look just fine compared to it.

Top Bottom