• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoshi vs. range

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
i just wavedash backwards/ djc rdjc and hopefully ill get a hit in with their lag. but thats the only strategy i have and that gets uber predictable.specifically I need help against yoshi vs. ganondorf and his long meaty legs-__-, but against all sword people is real helpful.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Some other options:
-space and bait (f/dsmash are good as are throw/b)
-hop on a ledge and throw eggs at them
-down B. Not kidding. this goes with point 1, but doing something, say, vs ganon, like running up, and right out of f tilt range down b. whatever you do don't spam it, but it is a mixup option

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stand just outside his f-tilt range at ground level, and as soon as he does anything jump towards him and b-air. If he turns around and b-airs, RDJC or wd or do like you said. Keep the pressure on him by standing backwards to him at the right spacing and you limit his options a lot.

If that doesn't work, adapt. That's the core of my strategy, and it does well against some good Gdorfs.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
i just wavedash backwards/ djc rdjc and hopefully ill get a hit in with their lag. but thats the only strategy i have and that gets uber predictable.specifically I need help against yoshi vs. ganondorf and his long meaty legs-__-, but against all sword people is real helpful.
Against Gannondorf:
-Your strategy is good, but with SHFFL'd fairs, you're gonna have to keep up the pace.
-Ever experimented with eggs? If you attempt to hit him with eggs from a farther distance, one of two things will happen. Either he will throw an attack out early to kill the egg or he will get nailed, which is perfect popup for linking other moves (Preferably uair or nair, fair or dair if he's over the side).
-Your shield is awesome compared to most people, since it never shrinks. Dont be scared to shield if he's coming down on you :p Lightshielding will set up some space between you and him if you use it.
-Your Fsmash slams through his ftilt and outranges his fsmash. Remember that.
-If your timing's right, utilt actually can beat Ganon's dair. The hitbox is disjointed, on the tip of his tail. Usmash is more risky, but wider range.
-dtilt isn't a killer move, but since it has a set knockback, useful at any % to give you some breathing room.
-dsmash usually cuts under shields very early. A killer to many, use it!
-Ganon's a big hacky sack when you throw in bairs->uairs. Nice way to rack up %s
-If you get thrown, attempt to airdodge his attack if youre in the air. DJ can tank his attacks at low %s, but Ganon's a beast with his aerials, and is one of the few who can easily knock Yoshi out of his tanking jump. Be careful.
-Your DownB is best when he's in the air, since his options are limited. I wouldn't risk using it in recovery or when he's standing, since it'll leave you wide open for a sock to the face :(
-Against shieldgrabbing Ganons, throw in a neutral B when you're jumping at him. It'll catch him off guard and give you some time to breathe and think :p It throws many shieldgrabbers off when they get his by and airgrab (Yoshi, Mewtwo, and Bowser are the only ones who can do this :p)

That's about it that I can think of out against Gannondorf. Sorry if my post is long, it's just a rant of all the things I've noticed against Gannons with my Yoshi.

Top Bottom