• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi vs Diddy?

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
:yoshi:
Anyways, just asking what others think about this matchup and asking for advice around banana spam. My good friend mains Diddy and it's usually equal but I have trouble with the nanerz.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
pivot grabs work well against diddy, and dtilts work well against aggressive diddy but i dont know if your diddy is aggressive.

and a neat thing that probably everyone knows but eggs break through peanuts, its not really useful unless you have ungodly aim, ive just gotten lucky a couple of times.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: What an annoying matchup.

GG to everyone who can keep their cool while fighting this character; I will counterpick the **** out of Diddy ALL DAY.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I really do hate this matchup. Not because it's too hard but because it's annoying (not as annoying as a sonic match thank goodness). But yeah I usually try to stay off the ground in this match, or just pick up the nannerz mixing it up, usually against diddy I'll just go diddy since he's a straightforward character and they get to see how annoying he is too fight =P

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Anyone got likea general strategy? The chaingrab gets stopped by bananas, he doesn't use aerials much so wtf at that, but otherwise he's pretty good, I can see if I can post some vids soon.

Top Bottom