• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi theory (New tech? maybe?)

LLLLegion

Smash Cadet
Alright, this is the first time I've posted. But that doesn't matter, anyway I've been watching a lot of aMSa matches recently and I've been thinking about something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_CBCRKgBpM&feature=youtu.be (sorry I don't know how to make gif's)

I'm wondering if you can do this fast enough it can be a good option for shield pressure or for anything at all for that matter. So what I'm doing is double jumping immediately, canceling it with a nair, and then L canceling. (for some reason yoshi is sent into the ground after djc'ing with the nair) I don't know what the frame data is his jump or how fast you can cancel the double jump, but what I do know is the hitbox on the nair comes out at frame 3 and the L canceled land lag is 7 frames. Anyway try this for yourselves, see if you can get it to work, I don't main yoshi and I'm not really that great in general but maybe if you're good you can get this to work.

PS One other thing, I think there might be one more frame of lag that is'nt on the clip, I can't tell and I don't know how to find out. Also I don't think it's normal for a character to be able to jump twice in 2 frames. But that's why it's just a theory. (I used fraps to record dolphin and sony vegas to edit it, so it might not be all that accurate.)

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this is the first time I've posted. But that doesn't matter, anyway I've been watching a lot of aMSa matches recently and I've been thinking about something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_CBCRKgBpM&feature=youtu.be (sorry I don't know how to make gif's)

I'm wondering if you can do this fast enough it can be a good option for shield pressure or for anything at all for that matter. So what I'm doing is double jumping immediately, canceling it with a nair, and then L canceling. (for some reason yoshi is sent into the ground after djc'ing with the nair) I don't know what the frame data is his jump or how fast you can cancel the double jump, but what I do know is the hitbox on the nair comes out at frame 3 and the L canceled land lag is 7 frames. Anyway try this for yourselves, see if you can get it to work, I don't main yoshi and I'm not really that great in general but maybe if you're good you can get this to work.

PS One other thing, I think there might be one more frame of lag that is'nt on the clip, I can't tell and I don't know how to find out. Also I don't think it's normal for a character to be able to jump twice in 2 frames. But that's why it's just a theory. (I used fraps to record dolphin and sony vegas to edit it, so it might not be all that accurate.)
video is private

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
oh, djc nair is not new, it is decent at shield pressure but if you get hit out of it you don't have a jump anymore.

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
Yeah, that is pretty basic Yoshi stuff :p Really good to know when you're picking up Yoshi btw

Last edited:
Top Bottom