• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Story

Pi

Smash Hero
I don't like this stage for samus...
But I also don't think it's inherently a -bad- stage for samus
Just logically...you can't abuse her survivability

But the only factors that I think you should focus on is whether or not you can be offensive vs. your opponent.

For example, on larger stages falco can control them really well w/ lasers, but on this stage if you feel like you can keep the pressure up, there isn't much he's going to be able to do as far as map control.

Vs. Falcon & Ganon, the same thing. If you feel them having room to work with is ****ing you over, and you feel like you can keep them on the defensive on this stage, it'll work out.

But if they are the ones being offensive, and they **** your **** and combo you and kill you at 80%, obviously not going to work out.

Samus can be quite offensive on this stage, the platforms are great for her UB, having a wall to grapple & walljump off is nice for recoveries

Though I feel the slant hinders her edgeguarding somewhat.

Also the platforms are good for missiles, and if you hit someone off stave w/ a smash missile they're probably dead blast zone'd

NEVER pick yoshi's against ganon. naturally against ganon you will not be able to do much while he exerts absurd stage control against you. on ys it's just compounded.

vs. Falcon is a pretty good CP mainly because it doesn't give him much room to run around and ****. so as long as you play safe on this stage, you will probably have the advantage. the same somewhat applies for fox/falco, depending on how the Fox chooses to play against you.

basically choose YS when you feel that you won't get overwhelmed by your opponent and think that you can contain them using a smaller stage.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
^^^ yes but that stage is usually banned :p all of the little perks about yoshis are kinda bad for samus. but just having a small stage is gud which is why some peeps counter pick it.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
idgaf what you all think about YS

i am a huge fan of YS

except vs ganon
he's too ****ing huge and covers the whole ****ing stage with everything

i'm not very good so i can't really put any solid input

yoshi's ***** you guys are duuuuuuuuuuumb

Geist

Smash Master
I cp spacies on ys.
True story.

In all honesty you gotta figure out when you want to use stages depending on your own preferences. Its all about where you feel comfortable.
Also you shouldn't feel comfortable against ganon and marth on ys, but that should go without saying lol

DarrellD

Smash Ace
YS is great for floaties IMO

Spacies have some good things on samus on YS like quick kills of the top or just being way to close. But this stage is good for any floaty that you have trouble killing or you just need a smaller stage.

Playing on this stage is really simple, try to stay in the middle. You always want to be kind of under the top platform for quick upB's since there so broken =P If theres a time where you are on the side and having trouble getting to the middle use the platforms to missile if there far enough. Playing safe is ridiculously important because one slip up and you might lose a stock.

When your recovering, keep an eye out the for shy guys. They could ruin you or help you out a lot. I try to bomb of off one to raise myself just for a better recovery, but be careful that they dont steal your bomb jump(***s)

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Remember that there are better stages so i wouldnt recommend counter picking it haha

Dream land, BF and FoD are my best friends =)

Violence

Smash Lord
Yeah, but at the least, against certain characters, I don't have to ban it.

I'm starting to not like BF because of how few your recovery options are on there. I'm starting to think that for first match after stage striking, I should make my strikes FD and BF instead of FD and YS.

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
BF is a pretty good samus stage. it seems that she has limited recovery options, but they're just as good. you can wall jump off of the bottom part of you're being edgeguarded you while you're grappling, which results in a safe return. the platforms are at a perfect height for short hopped sex kicks and utilts on the ground.
but yeah, aside from a more difficult recovery, getting good at BF is a must. you're bound to get CP'd there by people who are unaware of these solutions.

hugQ Cortex

Master
I like this stage vs Fox and Falco. You can usually land a down smash on them after they get out of your up-b if you both land on the top platform at the same time.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I only like this stage for Jiggz since you can get really quick kills on that stage, everything else is an annoyance, most notably Ganon and Marth who can get ridiculously early kills from any setup.

Top Bottom