• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Needs New Moves

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Yoshi has great moves. I use every one of them often (except side and down b). I suppose side b could be reworked, but hey, what character doesn't have a few bad moves? Even top tiers have some.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
You have convinced me to try out the new Yoshi in Brawl. But any other moves you think can be reworked, please continue to post.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Oh, in case anyone didn't know this, I heard that, unlike in Melee, his side Side B can be used for recovery as well. So... he so far has:
1. Extra long second jump.
2. Eggs give a tad distance but can be used in succession.
3. Side B can now help him grab the stage.

Well...I'd say he has a LOT more potential. If anyone thinks he needs better recovery still...stop complaining.

It's also possible his tongue can tether recovery. Well, in the demo it can't, but I'm being positive. I bet Yoshi will surprise everyone in his third time in Smash.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
When they made the teather recovery update the first thing that came to my mind was yoshi.

iron blade

Smash Ace
yoshi using his tongue for tether recoveries would be very useful but think about it, him hanging by his tongue? ow!

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yes, he can. He helped himself up with those balls in Yoshi's Story, using his tongue in a tether-sort of way. Then, when I think about why they don't bring this technique in Brawl, is because he never could do it on actual walls or edges. Though it would be awesome and definetly an improvement for Yoshi to have a Tether recovery option.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah that's because Yoshi used those balls to push himself forward (if I remember correctly)
He did. But he'd have to like, conjure one and then lick it to lift himself up. I dont see this happening.

Also, his egg throw now gives him a boost, so i think Yoshi is fine.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Well here are my yoshi edits......
1) Yoshi can hit himself with eggs and boost him up (does damage, but helps you recover) (also: this should take some skill, not a lot, but some)
2) Yoshi's forward B breaks like his sheild/ on command
3) hold down B to make his toungue reach further
4) Taunt: He poops out egg and eats it............
5) Charge yoshi's up B to make it fire straighter (like in yoshi's island :) )

Non-original edits
-Yoshi's toungue as tether recovery

iron blade

Smash Ace
Yoshi's egg throw gives you a boost in the air, you don't hit yourself with it. Yoshi could manually break out of his side special in melee so I would hope he can do it in brawl. Where have you been?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
yoshi has and i think is going to have the same moves he needs a make over for his tricks!
Well he has one new move. His ftilt is him spinning around and attacking with his tail instead of a kick this time, and seems to have much less lag. Other than that and his kind-of new up+B, his moves probably have stayed the same.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Well he has one new move. His ftilt is him spinning around and attacking with his tail instead of a kick this time, and seems to have much less lag. Other than that and his kind-of new up+B, his moves probably have stayed the same.
They have. Only one thing I thought was wierd: instead of making his Over B stronger, as you think they might because it was rather crummy, it's weaker! It does less damage, it's slower, and it doesn't send enemys far at all! I hope they change this, as that is one of the few moves I think can use an upgrade/boost.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
They have. Only one thing I thought was wierd: instead of making his Over B stronger, as you think they might because it was rather crummy, it's weaker! It does less damage, it's slower, and it doesn't send enemys far at all! I hope they change this, as that is one of the few moves I think can use an upgrade/boost.
What, they weakened an already weak move? That's weak, Nintendo! :( The least they could do now is making Yoshi ungrabable while in this move.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
What, they weakened an already weak move? That's weak, Nintendo! :( The least they could do now is making Yoshi ungrabable while in this move.
Yea, I know, I thought that would be the first thing they would want to upgrade. But, nothing from the demo is final! :)

Also, I'm getting this from Gimpy's Brawl Impressions in the General Brawl Discussion. Look there for more stuff on Yoshi. :)

Thank you Gimpy! :)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
5) Charge yoshi's up B to make it fire straighter (like in yoshi's island :) )
^i like this idea^

yoshi already got his new moves, all he need his his old DJC
What are you taling about? You can charge it (well, sort of). You just hold it down and direct it. And, he doesn't need his DJC. We are speculating that this will host new stratigies and ideas for combos.

courte

Smash Lord
i'm sure we've all played Yoshi's Story 64
aside from the fact that he needs a more versatile Tongue attack [in the 64 game, you could jump, aim it high and then pull the control stick down for a tongue flip with increased range... on a side note the music changing even in the first level when you get enough fruit = needs to be in, perhaps counts down when someone has one life left or when theres 30 seconds left in a match

and b = tether recovery

Kamagwi~Yoshi

Smash Rookie
The tether recovery is a cool idea, I'd like to see that work with Yoshi, considering that it's straight out of Yoshi's Story. I hope that Yoshi's tongue is overall improved to useful this time around. That is to say, in Melee, it was often frustratingly flawed in its' design.

I personally would like to see Yoshi with just his double jump, and allow it to be reused only after getting hit (actual knockback), but make the jump attenuate each time it's used without landing. That way, Yoshi would have a fighting chance to recover against edge guarding, and the attenuation would prevent him from being too hard to kill. Again this idea comes largely from Yoshi's Story.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
The tether recovery is a cool idea, I'd like to see that work with Yoshi, considering that it's straight out of Yoshi's Story. I hope that Yoshi's tongue is overall improved to useful this time around. That is to say, in Melee, it was often frustratingly flawed in its' design.

I personally would like to see Yoshi with just his double jump, and allow it to be reused only after getting hit (actual knockback), but make the jump attenuate each time it's used without landing. That way, Yoshi would have a fighting chance to recover against edge guarding, and the attenuation would prevent him from being too hard to kill. Again this idea comes largely from Yoshi's Story.
I'd perfer to Tether with with the Z button, not the B Special. However, I think we should stop this discussion, as Brawl will (and was) released without these things, so there's no use complaining about.

Top Bottom