• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi, egg, Marth killer, my Yoshi, thing, etc.

Velox

Smash Ace
Not to flood the Yoshi forums with anymore "video threads", but it's been dead lately around these parts, and I just got done recording some videos and such, so I thought I'd make a thread about them anyways.

The quality isn't great, but it's better than nothing. The quality is good enough to see what's going on though :p I think me and the rest of the Magnolia Crew (Sethlon, G@BE, Bear, EmperorCesar, etc.) are going to start recording more coming up, with an actual direct link to the TV instead of crappy video camera. Hopefully I'll get more Yoshi vids up, but for now, I have these matches:

Velox (Yoshi) vs G@BE (Pikachu) 1
Velox (Yoshi) vs G@BE (Pikachu) 2
Velox (Yoshi) vs G@BE (Pikachu) 3

Velox (Yoshi) vs G@BE (Marth) 4

Me and G@BE play each other a lot, he wins the majority of the time when we play. I'm always happy with a good game though even if I do lose the match.

And of course I'm always eager to receive critiques, advice, etc.

I've been playing for over a year now, but Yoshi is a recent thing, like within the last couple of months.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Good use of the forward smash a few times there; that's definitely something I need to improve on in my game. Also, I like seeing yoshi beat pikachu, cuz I can't do it very often, lol.

Against the marth, more b-airs when he tries to approach with f-air. At 2:28, I don't understand why you dash attacked the air, but you should have stayed under the platform and waited (I think you know this). More up air juggles and try to bait the forward smash more. d-tilt has some really nice range against marth too.

Velox

Smash Ace
Yeah, I sure don't use u-air juggles that much. I'm more of a Svampen Yoshi, I rely on b-air/smashes more than u-air/Fumi style juggles.

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
i like ur playing style, its also similair to mine only i use fair alot more as a combo tool and use a lot of empty backward shorthop/fulljumps into a djc fair to start combos. its a great tactic especially on levels with a lot of room and pikachu and marth are both great characters to use it on. against the pika, i would use more dash grabs into a dthrow->fair (for some reason pikachu and no other chars get ***** by this) and after the fulljumped fair its pretty easy to djc tech chase (or slow getup attack chase) with another fair. i also really liked ur use of ECE, a technique i still havent perfected yet. i think u chose perfect opputrunities to use it and always hit at least one egg with it. a little tip for edguarding that works great for me is to run towards the edge and instead of doing a IEH, just throw an egg right before you get to the edge and ull slide off the stage and grab the edge, after that you can use the ECE to continue edgeguarding. the reason this technique is so effective is because u can throw that first egg really far with alot of accuracy, and if it doesnt connect then u can use the ECE because by that time ur opponent will usually be close enough for the backwrds egg throw to reach them. good vids, post more

Top Bottom