• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi djc assist

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
Yo
I was just wondering what the best way to djc nairs or uairs or what ever. I personally use the y-button to jump, and then the bottom of my thumb for the button. This does the trick, but for the rest I'm trying to use the -stick. What is the best way for djc? and for other aerials?

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
Honestly I feel just tapping jump twice and imputing your aerial is the best way to jump cancel. No usage of the c-stick required, But that might just be personal preference. You can also easily l-cancel these aerials this way. Go onto Final Destination and practice short hop fast fall DJC l canceled nairs across the stage. It helped me a lot.

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Try to learn to use the c-stick for everything (except nairs ofc).
I don't do it, but I understand that it is the best way. It's gonna take a while for me to relearn it that way, but I'm gonna try.

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
Try to learn to use the c-stick for everything (except nairs ofc).
I don't do it, but I understand that it is the best way. It's gonna take a while for me to relearn it that way, but I'm gonna try.
Why is it the best? If I might ask

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
The best example I can give you are DJC retreating fair/bair of varying speed and height. At times they must be incredibly intricate and delicate to hit the opponent, and that can only be done if you use the control stick only for movement.

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
Ok thanks this helps a lot. I am also convinced that using c-stick for aerials is the best option. Take spacies for example. What you might want to do at some point is a weak bair (this goes for more characters of course). If you want to move to the right and at the same time use the same stick for the attack as for the input of the dash to the right, the range of the bair is far less effective.

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
I play claw and it works most of the time. DJC nairs are difficult sometimes though, so I usually opt for SH nair

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
I think that playing claw with yoshi is probably the way to go. I don't main yoshi though, so I don't invest any time in practicing the transition to claw. If I were though, I probably would. Respect (:

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
I think that playing claw with yoshi is probably the way to go. I don't main yoshi though, so I don't invest any time in practicing the transition to claw. If I were though, I probably would. Respect (:
It also helps with doubleshining for me when I decide to play spacies (and mid-air shine-aerials)

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
It also helps with doubleshining for me when I decide to play spacies (and mid-air shine-aerials)
I'm conflicted about trying to transition to claw. Do you parry? I find that playing claw would remove the option the press one of the shield buttons.

FrenkM0J0

Smash Apprentice
I'm conflicted about trying to transition to claw. Do you parry? I find that playing claw would remove the option the press one of the shield buttons.
I think that claw is only claw for real when you can control all the buttons neccesary for a certain character. Just my opinion though

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
I can full press L in one frame consistently, so I feel no need to modify a shoulder button. (Yes I do parry)

Top Bottom