• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yo dudes, how is my Luigi?

avian304

Smash Rookie
Random question from a noob luigi, do you use the c-stick when you smash while wave dashing?

El HP

Smash Ace
Your luigi needs more training, to approach characters with projectiles perform a waveshield, learn to use the cyclone to recover, don't use the d-tilt is very weak and has poor range, don't forward smash so often, make more use of the jab to grab or jab to downsmash, learn to combo and use better DI hope it helps.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
More ftilts!
More Dairs.
No dtilts.

Your wavedashing is good. You need to work on teching some hits. Luckily the sheik didn't punish you, but you missed some easy ones.

Down B has a lot of movement on the ground. Don't only use it to screw people up when you are falling from the air. You can actually combo it against fastfallers.

Finish your air combos with dair instead of fair.

Be more careful when you are on the edge. CC ***** luigi's air game. I usually ledge hop down B or ledge dash sheild grab.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Be wary of any advice you are receiving as well. Competition across the world is widely varied in skill level and not everything is effective or even useful against certain opponents.

So much of Luigi's competitive performance is a lot of situational improvising around your knowledge of his moveset and abuse of his unique properties within the physics of the game. This means that practice and repetition is really the best way to begin to understand Luigi's movement and how he can be manipulated in the air to chase your opponents as they tumble away from his pop-up approaches. Try wavedashing off the ledge with an aerial to add an additional edgeguarding strategy against a recovering opponent. It has both risk and reward, but it needs to be perfected to compete against the best of them.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
only saw the sheik battle...but i suggest all of the above and grabbing more at lower percents...also try to chain chops (very hard)....im not sure as im trying to raise my own luigi, but here is some helpful info...

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I didn't watch the vid but I noticed ppl saying not to use the Dtilt. It's actually quite a useful move, although I still don't use it too much. It could mainly be used to trick your opponent, then theyll say "Wtf just happened to me??"

Dtilt to Ftilt = good damage racking (sometimes)

The most significant time I remember using it last was vs CK back in.. November? My Luigi vs his Marth. He was at high %, I Dtilt him into a Chop and he died. Maybe consider using Dtilt as a launcher when their sheild is low, as Luigi other launchers may be too strong (Dsmash) or can't get through their sheild (Utilt/Nair) for the situation.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Im an average player and I can do it I don't see what is soo hard about.
You sir, either have really fast fingers or you've been practicing that for too long :p

I only practice rising cyclone in my matches, not much outside just to improve it... im lazy yeah

When I do it, I still get some vertical distance, but it takes fast fingers. my advice is either be lazy like me or PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

Giggidax

Smash Ace
edgehop fair more instead of edgehop uairs, wavedash jab>grabs, figure out the %'s to do uthrow fairs. link dair's into ur combos.
get Dsmashs into ur game more, but try not to get owned from a missed dsmash.
nair more. like nair > double jump> fair or something

another thing, a good combo start is if ur falling, when ur around wavelanding height do down b into ur opponent. u will touch the ground and then ull be able to move across the floor a good distance pretty fast. my brother does that to me all the time.

keep practicing and soon ur luigi will be a beast wavedasher + a scary beast

C 3

Smash Ace
I watched the videos and I saw a lot of good qualities, including good wavedashing. Here are a few things I noticed you can improve on:

1.) Practice being more consistent with the WD's

2.) It's better to edgehop with Fair and Dair rather than Uair

3.) Short hop into aerials (preferably double aerials, then L-Cancel)

4.) Link throws into Fair's and Dair's.

5.) Try dashing into WD's or moonwalking into WD's. Avoid doing continuous str8 WD's, it becomes predictible.

6.) A better sheik player would have most likely taken that match, that sheik spammed F-smash too much and his or her edge guarding wasn't impressive. Face a better opponent (no offence, I don't mean to offend anybody).

7.) Get off the edge ASAP, don't just hang there, you will pay for it!!

Other then those things, keep up the good work!!!!!!

Top Bottom