• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet another critique thread.

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Hey there,
Been posting on smashboards for a while, and finally have streaming equipment at my house
Hoping someone with more experience than me could look at some footage and let me know what they think I should improve etc
My past broadcasts are @
http://www.twitch.tv/vorde
My tag is always KALL and I almost always play Fox
PS. This is another way to see how a small scene is doing, since we helped build it a little more than a year ago. Thanks!
EDIT: Also this is recent as well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYK454n0kXw

Last edited:

MysticSkarps

Smash Cadet
Most of your attacks will be shield grabbed, and you use f smash too much. You need to learn how to waveshine and mix up your moves.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Going with the first match of your edit since it had a lot to critique already and based on what I've seen you prolly would make a lot of simular mistakes.

Stop rolling so much in neutral. Rolling is a useful tool but best used very sparingly.

I saw no dashdancing. Dashdancing is good cause it gives you time to see what you can do best.

So many dash attack approaches. Dash attack isn't particularly safe. Against falcon it's far from your biggest reward. The only reason to use your dash attack on falcon is for some weird mindgames. Shine him, nair him, grab him. Those are your ideal approaches.

Even though I already voiced the lack of dashdance I'm gonna say is again. Don't always rush in. Take your time just moving around making falcon feel uncomfortable. Your uptilt beats a lot of his approaches. Don't be afraid to let him do something unsafe.

MysticSkarps

Smash Cadet
I have a question. Why is the falcon pretty much using knee as the only approach option?

Top Bottom