• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yer (New to SB/I'm an artist)

Ampy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name is Andrew and I've been playing smash my entire life. I've only recently picked up playing competitively after watching EVO 2013 on youtube. So, its only been a few months now and i'm still pretty bad but I love the game. I've yet to attend a tournament, so it'll be interesting to see if that ever happens. I'd guess I'm an amateur artist but i'm not too shabby. You might have seen this image that HungryBox (@JuanTheFatty) posted on twitter. Yeah, I actually made this on photoshop in like an hour with just a mouse even though I have a VisTablet. Yeah, so feel free to message me or something if you might want some artwork or ish. Deuces. ~ amp

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
I can tell we'll get along well.

I am a fellow artist myself and am yet to compete in my first tournament, just training and sharpening my skills for the moment.

Glad to meet you and welcome!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm no artist myself, but I wouldn't mind checking out some other work you've created :)

Hope you enjoy this humble home of ours we call Smashboards (it's now your home too, you stay on the umpteenth floor)

Ampy

Smash Rookie
I can tell we'll get along well.

I am a fellow artist myself and am yet to compete in my first tournament, just training and sharpening my skills for the moment.

Glad to meet you and welcome!
Thanks man, just a suggestion tho, don't use that font color, hurts to read. hahah

Ampy

Smash Rookie
I'm no artist myself, but I wouldn't mind checking out some other work you've created :)

Hope you enjoy this humble home of ours we call Smashboards (it's now your home too, you stay on the umpteenth floor)
Thanks, I might post some stuff, not really sure where I would tho. maybe twitter, don't really use that tho. we'll see I guess lol

Ampy

Smash Rookie
Lol okay then..... What about this?
I would personally suggest just using the default color, but the orange is significantly easier on the eyes than the purple if you must type in color. lolololololo

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
I would personally suggest just using the default color, but the orange is significantly easier on the eyes than the purple if you must type in color. lolololololo
Eh, I prefer being "artistic" with my choices. And I went with the blue here, seems really easy to read for me lol

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thanks, I might post some stuff, not really sure where I would tho. maybe twitter, don't really use that tho. we'll see I guess lol
This would be the place for you.

Oh, and if you ever have more to say, use the "Edit" feature in the bottom left portion of your post rather than posting again. You could either tag someone ("@" followed by the username") or use the "Reply" feature again to respond to more people. Just giving you the heads up before you get deeper in the forums (Mods may pinch you for Double-Posting :laugh:).

Eh, I prefer being "artistic" with my choices. And I went with the blue here, seems really easy to read for me lol
Could also depend on what style people on Smashboards are using. Not everyone uses the same layout. But if people don't want to see/can't read your colors, they can just turn off that feature :awesome:

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Could also depend on what style people on Smashboards are using. Not everyone uses the same layout. But if people don't want to see/can't read your colors, they can just turn off that feature :awesome:
True. Mine is on the 'Dark' setting so this blue shows up pretty clearly.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
True. Mine is on the 'Dark' setting so this blue shows up pretty clearly.
I have mine set to 'Project M', so the blue is a tougher color to make out, but regardless, it doesn't bother me. At the end of the day, the "cursor highlighting" feature still exists.

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
I have mine set to 'Project M', so the blue is a tougher color to make out, but regardless, it doesn't bother me. At the end of the day, the "cursor highlighting" feature still exists.
I see. Lol

Ampy

Smash Rookie
@ Hokori Hokori thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check that link out aswell

@ Grey Belnades Grey Belnades Thank man! I don't have a site, probably won't make one but I might start posting things here on the forums or on twitter, which is currently @Ampyyyy. If any of you gotta twitter follow me ill def follow back. Gotta get my twitter game up. :chuckle:

@ AirFair AirFair Thanks, will do! :estatic:

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Lol okay then..... What about this?
Orange is a Smashboards sin, everyone will at all times think you're posting a link. :nifty:

Welcome aboard guys

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
@ Ampy Ampy Omg I just noticed that your avatar is Al from FMA! Your cool points just rose by 2.

My username "Hokori" means "Pride" in Japanese. And a big influence on that is Pride from FMA :awesome:

Ampy

Smash Rookie
@ Ampy Ampy Omg I just noticed that your avatar is Al from FMA! Your cool points just rose by 2.

My username "Hokori" means "Pride" in Japanese. And a big influence on that is Pride from FMA :awesome:
Yeah, I can probably say its my favorite anime (haven't seen that many tbh). Ish was reaaal good hahah.
Have you seen Brotherhood? Is it worth watching?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
@ Ampy Ampy If you thought FMA was "reaaal good", you'll think FMA:B is "reaaal good" x9001.

FMA:B stays true to the plot of FMA (manga) more so than FMA'03 because FMA:B came out toward the end of FMA'03's development, which ended up straying away from the plot after the first 10 episodes or so (take a shot for every time I said "FMA" :troll:) because the anime outpaced the manga.

FMA:B had a more complete story-line to draw from, so if you want a better feel for FMA in general, you should definitely watch Brotherhood.

Last edited:

Ampy

Smash Rookie
@ Ampy Ampy If you thought FMA was "reaaal good", you'll think FMA:B is "reaaal good" x9001.

FMA:B stays true to the plot of FMA (manga) more so than FMA'03 because FMA:B came out toward the end of FMA'03's development, which ended up straying away from the plot after the first 10 episodes or so (take a shot for every time I said "FMA" :troll:) because the anime outpaced the manga.

FMA:B had a more complete story-line to draw from, so if you want a better feel for FMA in general, you should definitely watch Brotherhood.
Word, I'll try to fit it into my schedule. hahah... 50 episodes right? :psycho:

Last edited:
Top Bottom