• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y Falco Ditto Bad?

Fox?

• Fox

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Fox

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Fisfity

Smash Rookie
Only watched the first game of the first set you linked, but here are the things that stood out to me the most:

- You went for charged fsmash reads way too much. The fully charged one on your opponents third(?) stock was especially bad and had an almost 0% chance of hitting. Some of the fsmashes you were doing weren't bad ideas, but instead of trying to read their roll with a charged fsmash, you should space yourself and react with an fsmash if they roll past you.

- You did a lot of unnecessary spot dodges that gave your opponent free punishes. As you get to a higher level excessive or baited spot dodges will be punished much harder. Make sure to spot dodge intelligently or use falco's great jump to get out of bad situations instead.

- The first game was on yoshi's so you are afforded less room to laser, but an ~ok~ rule of thumb in falco dittos is the falco who is keeping the other pressured with lasers is the one who's winning. This is not to say that if you laser the other falco you win automatically, but falco can have a hard time escaping from good laser pressure so it's important to be the one putting out good lasers instead of the one getting lasered.

Overall what I saw wasn't bad play but you should focus on being tricky with your movement and not obviously broadcasting your intentions (e.g. less fully charged fsmashes :p).

Pazukunous

Smash Rookie
I also just judged from the first game in the first set. I saw way too many dair -> fmashes. Sure it adds an acceptable amount of percent, but there are so many more things you can convert into so you can deal more damage and have more combos (shine, utilt, another (not a dair) shffl).

There is also a lot of rolls and spotdodges that are unnecessary. If this keeps up your gonna learn the long and hard way by being punished to unbelievable percents and KOs.

Falco dittos come down to who uses the most optimal pressure. This doesn't mean, however, whoever spams the most lasers for the other person to crack (because at higher levels it's easy to get out of it). You want to mix up approaches, add a DD to fake-out your opponent. I saw like zero grabs in that first game, Up throw is, at low percents, good to follow with a soft bair or something. Sometimes, I personally like to downthrow if I feel confident where they will roll to for an easy punish. approaching shl -> shine grab is an amazing approach for constant shielding opponents.

Top Bottom