• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X Y and control stick

Muse_Showbiz

Smash Rookie
hey guys,
i use X for shffling late aerials and SHL; Y for wave dashing and SHDL; and the control stick if i want to throw out a fast aerial. but it seems very difficult for me to get constistent using the controll stick to short hop, since fox has only 4 frames time. actually i have days when i fail only 1 out of 10 times, but sometimes i fail like 1 out of 4 times, which is really annoying.
so i´d like to hear what u guys think of it? is it worth trying to learn shffl with control stick?
the idea behind using the stick is: for instance there are 2 foxes fighting each other. both throw out a nair, but the one who is faster gets the hit. i recognized this playing other fox/falcos. it seems to me that instant nair is very good for your neutral game.
however i still mix them up, because if i´m fighting a marth, i want to use late aerials, when he´s shielding in order not to get grabed.
for shine shffls i use also the controll stick, because many players try to shield grab after i used my shine, so i want to throw out a fast aerial after the shine. also for nair OOS i use the stick, cause i have to be fast.

how do you do fast aerials? are you just pressing X/Y and then very fast A?

PS: sry if my english is crappy and thx a lot for responding!

ButterSoftly

Smash Rookie
I only ever use the control stick to SHDL, but most of the time I just use claw grip anyway. I've never had a problem being too slow to Nair using Y to jump.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
I use x for everything. Practice and it will become effortless in due time. I used to struggle, and now i don't really even think about the technical aspects.

Muse_Showbiz

Smash Rookie
I use x for everything. Practice and it will become effortless in due time. I used to struggle, and now i don't really even think about the technical aspects.
ye, now i try to learn X for shffl and Y for SHDL

Top Bottom