• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WUT ? Double Spring ?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well , i was on "for glory" ... that's happened I don't do nothing special just Up+B, doesn't get hurt . Really i dunno ... Enjoy . And sorry for the quality .

PS : I know i'm a terrible Sonic ><''

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I was gonna say "maybe that's how they chose to fix Sonic's cypher grab issue" but it doesn't seem to be all that.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So that´s not One Of those AT with ridiculusy abréviation ?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Something to do with falcons meteor perhaps? You know like when you dair to kind of momentum cancel, travel nowhere then do it again, something similar?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah i see . So do you think when the 1st spring cancel the momentum from the météor he had also reset the fall state and then do the 2nd spring ?

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Simple matter of being footstooled. Sonic doesn't actually go through the animation at the beginning and midway through his Spring Jump.

Same thing happened in Brawl.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't Really understand ... I'm not sûre ... Sonic "cut" his animation , a 2nd spring si show , i gain the height boost ... But i always don't understand why it happened . For the 6 years i was playing brawl , it never happened to me O.O"

So if you can explain it to a Sonic Noob Like me What happened ... It Will be Kind Of you . Please ... I Really want to improve myself ( but i can't remembrer All Of these Spin mechanic and shortcut ><" )

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It happens so inconsistently and infrequently because it's something out of your control.

I wouldn't worry about the specifics; however, if you really wish to know: in this instance, your opponent was mashing the jump button because he was feverishly trying to get back on the stage. Jumping while you are on top of your opponent gives you a footstool jump, I'm sure you're aware of this. The neat thing about Spring Jump is that Sonic doesn't get interrupted from his ascent via normal means. Normally, you'd have to either grab him on the way up or straight up hit him with an attack that has knockback. It may also have something to do with Sonic being invincible on the first few frames but he can still be interacted with in certain ways that are beyond my technical understanding.

TL;DR you won't get better by understanding this particular mechanic. Focus your efforts elsewhere.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So on the easy way It's : Falcon Meteor ->1st spring -> foostool jump -> Reset Sonic UpB state because Foostooled but animation don't cut -> 2nd Spring

Thanks ! Well that´s doesn't help me to improve , but That help me to understand ... It mean a lot to me :'D !

Time to Gotta Go fast to Train on WiiU version !!

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good share, but thank you Kinzer for explaining.

It's very elusive and hard to recognize. I had actually forgotten all about this.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Caught it right when I watched it. Had to repeat a few times because my computer sucks so the video froze. :< :applejack:

Top Bottom