• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, my penguin brothers you must tell me

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
HOW do i do this mech hammer technique where DDD seemingly speeds across the stage?
you must share this, it will refine my ddd even more and frustrate all around me.
if you dont know what im talking about, it looks like he is standing still with the mech hammer out but he shuffles at high speed wherever.

any help would be appreciated, any flamers would be humorous

DarkHero9360

Smash Cadet
you do it by charging the jet all the way and lightly tilting the joystick the way you want to go, the shaking of the control makes it that you keep taping forward at high speeds( it's kind of hard to do imo)

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
ive done that while trying to figure this out, it seems to just create waves and look badass.
lightly tilt joystick, then tapping rapidly? whats this "shaking" you speak of? is that referring to the way ddd is at full charge?

Waddle

Smash Ace
The shaking he's talkin about is probably the vibration of your controller. I dont think it even matters because the controller doesnt shake uncontrollably. I dunno though, Ive only done this once ever and it was epic. I cant get it to work anymore.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
its very hard to do without vibration... my brand new controller all of a sudden wont rumble anymore and its become much harder to do. Anyways, theres already a whole thread about this explaining exactly how to do it.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
It's so hard to do, and it takes so long for it to even be possible to work, so I doubt that it would make your Dedede better than it is.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I could do it somewhat frequentish with the Wavebird, then when I moved to a wired, I couldn't do it any more. Has nothing to do with the vibration though. You should be able to do it just as well without it.

Top Bottom