• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you like a new Up Smash?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I was thinking something similar to Sonic's vBrawl Up tilt but slower and more powerful. The current Project M upsmash is almost useless, so I think this would be a nice touch to add flair to Sonic's style. What do you guys think?

This is the vBrawl Up Tilt, by the way:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Falcon's usmash isn't all that great. I don't think Sonic would do any better with it than Falcon.
I'd imagine it would be two hits, like the original up tilt, with the first hit being weak the the second hit being stronger. Unlike Falcon's which hits for strong hits for both.

Last edited:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
The only way this attack could possibly be better is if it starts up significantly faster, like on frame 7 or 8, to make up for the loss of range and the detriment of allowing your opponent to SDI out. If we're going that far, you might as well just have his current usmash start up faster. As for the argument of style, this attack used to belong to Ganon and currently belongs to Ganon. It's unique enough as it is, and that's all the style he needs.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
I don't know about a new up smash honestly. I think the one he already has is effective enough as it is, even though admittedly I hardly use it, I actually prefer his down smash (really bad habit by the way).

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I think Sonic's Up Smash is just fine I see what you mean but with a New Up Smash looking like his Brawl up tilt that I don't know Falcon and Ganon Players don't really use it but I do like the Idea though.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The only way this attack could possibly be better is if it starts up significantly faster, like on frame 7 or 8, to make up for the loss of range and the detriment of allowing your opponent to SDI out. If we're going that far, you might as well just have his current usmash start up faster. As for the argument of style, this attack used to belong to Ganon and currently belongs to Ganon. It's unique enough as it is, and that's all the style he needs.
It's not the startup of his current up smash that's a problem, it's the cooldown and just the general usefulness. Sonic usually has better options to hit opponents that far above him but I think this move would cover more of his diagonal range because the only move that reliably covers that area is Up Tilt and while you can link that into Uair, it's not entirely reliable. Anything would be better than his current up smash.

Last edited:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
It really is just the start up. If it came out on frame 8, it would be just as useful, if not more useful, as Olimar's usmash. Covering techs on platforms, uses OoS, everything.

The range on his old brawl utilt covers next to no range. Much less than his current usmash. The current PM utilt is considerably more reliable in both knockback and range than any move he used to have.

If you just wanted more range, instead of replacing the move (which would take the dev team much more work) just change the current usmash to hop forward a little.

WiiDude83

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiDude83
i would maybe like a new one as i don't find myself using it...i think because it's so narrow of an area to hit...but im not sure what else...maybe to change her current up tilt into the smash attack and to give him back brawl's up tilt maybe

Top Bottom