• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would this work?/Is it done?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Well, I was just messing around with Marth today (practicing SHDFs) and I thought of this and I'm not sure if this is already done or if it would be of any use at all. Well, it can be kind of an alternative to SHDFing, or more accurately stated, it's kinda similar. Well, first, SH with a fair as you normally would IN AN SHDF (as in, fair quickly as you're going up) and instead of going in with a fair or a uair, you can use Marth's second jump and then use something else (like a dair... a fair would work too)

One use I've thought of for it and almost pulled off was like, I was near the edge and I SH Fair'd the opponent and then I SH'd again and I used a dair. I missed, but it would have been a spike if it landed. This may be a bit easier to time than SHDFs and you can use other moves instead of just fairs and uairs, and there's what I mentioned just now.

Discuss, comment, tell me it's been proposed before and make me feel like an ***?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
This is fairly common. Works well when people are looking to shieldgrab. Another popular tactic is wavedashing after the first fair. sh fair to wavedash forward grab, wavedash back ftilt or fsmash has good mindgame tactics to it. While it doesn't hurt to bring it up so people can remember to try it out, this should be a tactic that most of the Marth community should know.

Top Bottom