• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would this be the most likely use for the gamepad?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Multiplayer, 4 with Wii U pro controllers playing and one with the gamepad in complete control of taking pictures and videos.

They would have complete control to angle the camera on the gamepad all throughout the stage without effecting what's on the tv. They can pause, rewind gameplay, take pictures and videos without effecting the tv.
They can edit those pictures and videos to save them to the Wii U and upload to Miiverse while the match is still going on.

There could also be more gimmicky things to do like the whole stage control concept, item control and a much easier stage builder tool. But a great camera experience during gameplay seems more realistic.

As far as single player I can't see it being used for much besides off tv play, map of the single player area or a quick menu.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
As long as it doesn't effect gameplay, I don't care.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
It can affect gameplay if need be, but it better be optional. I do rather like the idea of someone playing god and being in charge of stage hazards/moving platforms, and perhaps even item spawns. It could add an interesting dynamic. But with the potential for ridiculous abuse and favoritism, I should be able to turn that off.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
That would be neat.

But considering brawl didn't really put motion controls to any use, its possible the game pad will fall in the same boat.

Top Bottom