• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would net play run ok?

ac267

Smash Rookie
i want to get netplay but im not sure if it will run smoothly on my computer. i have a mac book pro(2011~) running on the most resent version of Yosemite(10.10.5).
Specs

processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

ive had trouble with other game in the past (low frame rate) and was wondering if these specs were good enough to run net play. if any other specs are needed ill try to find them but these are the basic things i could find.

Y-L

Smash Champion
To be honest probably not. Dolphin does rely mostly on the CPU (so an i5 is a good thing, 3rd gen+ is good) however your graphics are probably your bottleneck here. Intel HD 3000 is very old and Dolphin barley supports it. You might get graphical errors or the game might lag because of this. Plus, Dolphin tends to run better on Windows. Feel free to give it a try though, you have nothing to lose.

Top Bottom