• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would it work?

nessokman

Smash Lord
So, we all know the wii u game CD will have tons of memory on it. The same can't be said for the 3ds' tiny card. Would it be possible to include an SD card or something with the game that could have the extra stuff stored on it such as a story mode. (like subspace emmisarry).That would actually make the main screen look like the older ones but with a wifi.opinions?

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Hah, I doubt. Game modes that require SD cards? You wish.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I seriously doubt it. If anything, I don't believe that's possible, because you'll have to put all of that data into the SD card first, and said data has to come from somewhere; that "somewhere" being the game card itself, meaning it's pointless installing data that can simply be played from the game card itself. The only way I see Smash 4 on the 3DS being as big as the Wii U version as far as sheer content goes, is for them to make the game strictly a digital download.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt it. If anything, I don't believe that's possible, because you'll have to put all of that data into the SD card first, and said data has to come from somewhere; that "somewhere" being the game card itself, meaning it's pointless installing data that can simply be played from the game card itself. The only way I see Smash 4 on the 3DS being as big as the Wii U version as far as sheer content goes, is for them to make the game strictly a digital download.
Like a download from the eshop?

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
They could always use DLC.

But can't 3DS cards hold up to 16 GB? That's twice the size of Brawl. I think it will be okay.

Top Bottom