• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would anyone be willing to teach me become a better player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am wondering how to get better. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
Get games in with higher level people online, a good majority are very nice and will gives tips and advice if you ask.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
just play online a lot and ask for tips here and there

sometimes people will help you, sometimes they wont

i always help new players on kaillera if they ask questions so just dont hesitate to ask

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Practice the simple techniques (pivots, short hops, fast fall aerials, plats drops, tilts, z cancels). Once you have them down, try learning the harder techniques you see pro's doing (pivot utilts, jab grabs, dash pivots, ff uairs, etc...). You'd be surprised how much better you become at this game once you can consistently incorporate some of the harder techniques into your game.

Edit: Also playing offensively is more fun, but playing defensively is what makes you better.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Practice the simple techniques (pivots, short hops, fast fall aerials, plats drops, tilts, z cancels). Once you have them down, try learning the harder techniques you see pro's doing (pivot utilts, jab grabs, dash pivots, ff uairs, etc...). You'd be surprised how much better you become at this game once you can consistently incorporate some of the harder techniques into your game.

Edit: Also playing offensively is more fun, but playing defensively is what makes you better.
Kirby jab grab and ff uair are the most important imo.

(yes I know you didn't mean that)

What is a dash pivot?

Sedda

Smash Champion
there's some confusion in the terminology that's used sometimes.

i think some people say pivot when theyre referring to the standing turn-around, and then they say dash pivot when you do the initial dash --- > pivot (i just call that pivot though xD)

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
In that case, dash pivot is easier than pivot. Let's be honest, how many time's have you accidentally dashed when trying to "pivot" (like after fox dair gets DI'd to behind you)

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I've forgotten what it's like to use an OEM stick. These Derek sticks can't wait to dash

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Hori sticks can't wait to dash either.. And Tom, you were trolling with the Kirby jab-grab and FF Uair thing I hope
Yeah but I guess that's not polite to do when people are actually asking for help. FOR THE RECORD, Kirby can't jab grab. And while his uair rates very high on the comical scale, it doesn't rate nearly so well on the not-being-a-****-move scale.

D

Deleted member

this was very helpful!

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Yeah but I guess that's not polite to do when people are actually asking for help. FOR THE RECORD, Kirby can't jab grab. And while his uair rates very high on the comical scale, it doesn't rate nearly so well on the not-being-a-****-move scale.
Adding sarcasm makes every contribution worthwhile.

D

Deleted member

just play online a lot and ask for tips here and there

sometimes people will help you, sometimes they wont

i always help new players on kaillera if they ask questions so just dont hesitate to ask
Thanks, I'll hit you up! :D

Edit: Lol, I already responded hah

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Is kirby uair really that bad? It's a bad offensive attack sure, but when someone accidentally does it, it seems I ALWAYS trade with it for some stupid reason. Is that just me?

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Is kirby uair really that bad? It's a bad offensive attack sure, but when someone accidentally does it, it seems I ALWAYS trade with it for some stupid reason. Is that just me?
Yea... because kirby's uair lasts forever and you (fox) should be able to recover/punish majority of the time. I only try to use his uair after a shield break to combo into upb spike.

Last edited:

Pelagia

Smash Rookie
1: pick a character you love
2: get to know the character specific abilities
3: choose whether you want to be an aggressive, defensive or balanced player
4: go online and prepare yourself because for glory is full of good,bad and troll player
5: otherwise find someone with equal or greater skills and train online with them getting feedback on what you could improve

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Stop ragequitting, that's how you get better.

D

Deleted member

1: pick a character you love
2: get to know the character specific abilities
3: choose whether you want to be an aggressive, defensive or balanced player
4: go online and prepare yourself because for glory is full of good,bad and troll player
5: otherwise find someone with equal or greater skills and train online with them getting feedback on what you could improve
great advice thanx! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom