• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would A shield Side-B be a useful addition?

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
As it is in Project M, Snake's got two more moves than the average Grab with his Back and Forward chokehold. Reflecting on MGS3, it occurred to me that the addition of the Tranq Gun could enable a "Grab B" wherein he uses the grabbed target as cover while shooting at the opponent (still with the tranquilizer probably?).

If this were implemented, I'd also love to see his hitbox change while in a grab to make the throw target the main hit personally.

jfgameboy

Smash Cadet
Do you mean the ability to attack while grabbing someone? I could see having the ability to drop a grenade being useful, but being able to shoot a tranq while grabbing someone wouldn't let you do much more because you're already grabbing someone. Sounds like a fun feature though.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
The real benefit is probably in doubles, where you can grab someone in a 2v1 and still have an option to punish the other. That said, it's ridiculously overpowered and has no place in the game.

Top Bottom