• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Final Smash?

Booster

Smash Lord
I might have to say Pikachu's Volt Tackle, you CAN control it if you try hard, but then it becomes incredibly slow, deals minimal damage and the whole thing just sucks, it should've worked like Critical hit except it bulldozes everything in Pikachu's path, dealing damage for each target hit to the target and Pikachu, usually killing the target(s) and dealing 33% damage to Pikachu.

Would you believe this Smash is coming back in Super Smash Bros 4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReLT8MCbCs0

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I mean... they already have footage of Pikachu's Volt Tackle being used in Smash 4. I know its still a demo, but... i doubt they're gonna change a whole FS in such a short timeframe. Not that they cant, I just doubt they will.

But id still say the worst FS is probably either Peach, ICs, or DK.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I tend to think the final smashes best fit in categories, and within each category ranked best to worst:

Sweepers: These typically run horizontally though some can be angled. They vary slightly in knockback potential and generally result in a KO especially in FFA. They are more difficult to dodge than other Final Smashes as in spot dodging really won't work, it's more about positioning yourself to have a chance to jump over it.

Samus

Ganondorf

Pokémon Trainer

Lucario

Mario

AoE (area of effect): These essentially change the dynamics of the stage within their given area of effect. Within this area characters are vulnerable to KO to varying degrees.

Luigi

Jigglypuff

Zero Suit Samus

Donkey Kong

Ice Climbers

Transformation: These change the character into a "super" version, allowing them to roam the battlefield while invincible and with superior KO potential. These are some of the most effective of final smashes, so it's harder to parse them from best to worst as most if not all can guarantee a KO. This is also the largest category.

Sonic

Snake

Fox

Falco

Wolf

Wario

Bowser

Diddy Kong

Yoshi

Pikachu

R.O.B.

Mr. Game & Watch

Target: These require the player to time the release of their final smash just right so that it lands on one or more opponents. It is possible to spot-dodge these, so it makes them less effective, but if they land, they most normally result in KO, with a few exceptions.

Zelda/Sheik

Captain Falcon

Link

Toon Link

Ike

Marth

Meta Knight

Full screen attack: These are basically just like AoE final smashes except their area is typically everything on screen. attack everything on screen though in the largest stages this is far less effective.

Peach

Lucas

Ness

Olimar
[URL='http://www.ssbwiki.com/Fire_Emblem_%28universe%29']

Pit
[/URL]

King Dedede

Kirby

Note: Effectiveness is in itself a subjective term which denotes a variety of conditions and results. Many smashes are meant to interrupt play more than gain actual KOs. Also many smashes cross over into other categories though these seem to be the best fit overall.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
DK's is ridiculous, it requires a ton more effort than any other final smash for a much smaller reward, the only way you'll guarantee at least some damage on your opponent is to edgeguard with it, and you better hope you don't lose the final smash while trying to throw him out there. Even then it's not likely to kill unless used against someone like Pit, ZSS or Ivysaur, so for the most part at its best it will deal a little damage.

Kirby's is also really bad, anyone who can time an airdodge properly will never be hit by it, and it's crazy easy to time it right since there's so much startup before it goes into effect.

Oh, and I guess ZSS's puts her a lot of tiers down too, but personally I prefer Samus anyways.

Last edited:

GrapeSodaGuru

Smash Rookie
I didn't ever really like Ness' FS... It barely ever hit for me.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Please post this in the Final Smash Discussion Thread.

Just kidding!

Well i really HATE Ice Climber's final smash, It has gotten me killed at many times.

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
Kirby's is the worst. If your standing far away enough you dont even have to do anything, you just wont get sucked in.
That, and it doesnt even damage you that much.

Top Bottom