• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Character in the game.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Any one who pays attention to the competitive viability of characters will understand that the Mii swordfighter is the worst character to use competitively. He has to be max weight as his recovery is bad along with no wall jumps and making him not max size then you are weakening the guy's best quality the sword. His moves are pretty meh and mesh up only decently with certain exceptions to the chakram and n-air which are actually good.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
"his recovery is bad"
Antony, Meet Aerial Assault.
Aerial Assault, Antony.
Ah yes that move that makes you lose the best projectile the Mii Swordfighter gets, Chakram at the cost of a rather predictable horizontal recovery that leaves you helpless. Sure it is better than the up-b's and it helps you survive things that send you in a really low angle like puff's down-smash, but it is not worth losing Chakram.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes that move that makes you lose the best projectile the Mii Swordfighter gets, Chakram at the cost of a rather predictable horizontal recovery that leaves you helpless. Sure it is better than the up-b's and it helps you survive things that send you in a really low angle like puff's down-smash, but it is not worth losing Chakram.
I've found Chakram to be widely useless compared to Tornado. With just that one projectile, my ranged options are covered, meaning I have space for a recovery technique that, at full charge[which doesn't take long] can get me back to any ledge that I'm above no matter how far away it is, so long as I've got time to charge it.
The fact that speed changes at the end depending on the direction you hold also allows you to variate your approach speed to throw off easy interceptions.
It's also safe on many Counter moves if hitting at a high angle, due to the bounce afterwards, which increases its uses.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I've found Chakram to be widely useless compared to Tornado. With just that one projectile, my ranged options are covered, meaning I have space for a recovery technique that, at full charge[which doesn't take long] can get me back to any ledge that I'm above no matter how far away it is, so long as I've got time to charge it.
The fact that speed changes at the end depending on the direction you hold also allows you to variate your approach speed to throw off easy interceptions.
It's also safe on many Counter moves if hitting at a high angle, due to the bounce afterwards, which increases its uses.
I'm going to admit, before this post i stopped looking at Airborne Assault because of it's perceived badness. Now i think its decent but not worth losing Chakram over.
The thing with AA is that you do get a noticeable boost to recovery when you do use it but it essentially boost you from having really bad recovery to recovery a bit better than pre-Smash 4 Falco because of ledge mechanics. The problem comes from the fact that the recovery is predictable. I figured out that Bowser's f-air beats out AA meaning that it isn't an unstoppable blue ball of recovery. Some characters can have some serious punishments like Samus's Charged Shot can intercept you. Now a lot of characters lack these kinds of things and they usually just have a projectile and that can help you survive.

Gale Strike is good but it is too slow to constantly use without getting punished hard for it especially against characters like Jigglypuff who have strong air games an powerful punishments. Its strength lies in allowing you to win projectile wars not necessarily in keeping others out.

Now Chakram is more than just a projectile and even if it wasn't it is an amazing projectile if because of its versatility not only is it fast but it covers a huge amount of space allowing you to force the opponent to eat at least 7% each time they want to get back to the stage. Really it plus Gale Strike cover each other so well that now you have a zoning character as opposed to one with a bit stronger recovery. Lets not forget that slow Chakram can set up for combos and mixups.

Either way now i think that AA might have a place somewhere. It can be used to beat certain edge-guards, but i still believe that Chakram is boss.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Meh, our character might be bad but he is still doable. Smashbrolink, I have gave in to AA and loving it. Such a powerful move and recovery. But Antonykun is right. It isn't unstoppable. A single shot can stop it. That why you aim for the ledge. I don't know about Chakram. It is amazing but I cannot bring out its full potential. I will keep messing with it. I need to play more people. My brothers are not cutting it.

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
A short hop into a quick aerial assault can trip your foes up. A short hop to the tornado b can be a bit unpredictable if used well. The counter is essential for beating Master Core.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Skinny sword fighter >>>> fat sword fighter. Shorter sword TOTALLY worth the attack speed.

But still stupidly, super bad.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Shuriken of Light punishes > Chakrams.

Sorry, I don't believe Chakrams are considered practical for MSF.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Why people aren't using upB3, Hero's Spin, is beyond me. Best recovery by far, and it's fast+responsive.

Shuriken is quite good. It pops them up when you hit with it, and fast Miis can even follow up if you threw it while hopping forward. I'd use it against the likes of Sheik where we can out-damage her from afar with it, while needles goes through whirlwind. Whirlwind just gives us the shield pressure that we want, while Chakram is still very similar to shuriken. Chakram is laggier, but you can combo out of the short throw, and the long throw gives you some options at a variety of angles. Whirlwind without chakram is bad since it's so slow.

Short+Skinny Mii is my favorite. You're not going to outrange much, but you can out-disjoint by utilizing your speed and you can actually combo quite well.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I actually stopped using short/skinny when she was giving me a hard time with doing d-throw to u-air. I myself prefer short/fat despite the fact that there is no big reason not to use short/skinny.
I've said this a lot in the forum but I think that tall/skinny might be worth a bit of testing. While he's not going to combo of anything other than a d-throw, his range is good andhis walk speed is too.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Why people aren't using upB3, Hero's Spin, is beyond me. Best recovery by far, and it's fast+responsive.

Shuriken is quite good. It pops them up when you hit with it, and fast Miis can even follow up if you threw it while hopping forward. I'd use it against the likes of Sheik where we can out-damage her from afar with it, while needles goes through whirlwind. Whirlwind just gives us the shield pressure that we want, while Chakram is still very similar to shuriken. Chakram is laggier, but you can combo out of the short throw, and the long throw gives you some options at a variety of angles. Whirlwind without chakram is bad since it's so slow.

Short+Skinny Mii is my favorite. You're not going to outrange much, but you can out-disjoint by utilizing your speed and you can actually combo quite well.
I actually use UpB3. I wish the hit box was as big as Link/Tlink though.

Top Bottom