• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Working on a guide for choosing a main and need your help!

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Hello there!

With the Smash scene growing and many more new players still to come, I though I would make a little guide highlighting each characters strengths and specialties, to help anyone take their first step into competitive Smash, or for anyone contemplating picking up another to their personal roster!

The main dilemma I have is I don't main EVERYONE in P:M, nor am I a self-proclaimed Smash genius. So, I thought I'd ask you guys, the experts to your respective mains! If you could help me out by filling out a few lines of info for me, I'll be collecting the data and responses during the week and compiling them. Once it's all collected, I'll release the guide (somewhere on the boards, not sure yet...). So if you could take a few minutes to help, I would really appreciate it!

Pros: Strengths and advantages of this character!

Cons: Weaknesses and disadvantages!

Character Specifics to Learn: Techniques exclusive to only this character (example: Squirtle's shell abilities)

Similar To: Characters that play similar to this one or have a similar strategy.

Secondaries that Compliment: A secondary character that covers certain weaknesses the main has.

(Optional) Best video example of this character in action.

Cheers!

(Sorry if you see this thread posted in multiple character forums, I find the best way to gather info is to ask directly!)

Omega Male

Smash Cadet
Well I am no pro but I'll give as much information as I can because I would really like to see one of these and appreciate your initiative!

Pros: Has good mobility, Great Recovery, Can be played well defensively and aggressively, Can rack up damage fast, can kill at low percentages thanks to his Aerial Side B, COMBOS.

Cons: Can be punished easily, takes a while to get him to do what you want to do, can sometimes be predictable, limited OoS options.

Character Specifics to Learn: Aura Sphere Canceling, respect his on hit cancels, become familiar with his Magic/Aura system.

Similar To: Street Fighter and Marvel Characters.

Secondaries that Compliment: N/A (Don't really know haha)

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
I've found that I have some trouble with floaties as lucario since its hard to combo them due to their weight.

So the best secondary I came upon after trying tons of characters was mewtwo.

lucario has bad match ups vs projectile heavy charcaters which m2 is good against due to teleport and side B. also m2 is amazing vs floaties due to low % kill with up throw. and m2 is able to easily combo floaties with up air.

Top Bottom