• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Meteor Smash

Demon Squirrel

Smash Rookie
Before you ask, yes, I know there's an introduction thread.

Hi all, I'm a wolf player and I think that I can do pretty much all of his moves to a reasonable extent (I'm not really good but I'm alright.) However, using his Down Air for a spike is something I find really difficult.
It seems increadibly hard to aim, especially when the other player will basically never recover in the same way.
Does anyone have tips of how to use it, and, perhaps more importantly, how to practice using it?
Basically, I have trouble approaching, and then trouble actually hitting when I get there (recovery's a ***** but that's different.)

Any help is much appreciated.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Well if the Dair thread didn't help, all I can recommend is practice. Practice Practice Practice. When you fight computers just go for Dair spikes all the time. Once you get the timing down, start to practice against real players.

Koskinator

ImNotSav

Smash Rookie
Some tips i would suggest are: save your double jump when going for the spike so you can set up for your recovery properly, and use c stick down so you wont fast fall while trying to spike them

Pretty much just do as Koskinator said and practice it on comps :)

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
i main wolf but i dont know if this will help but try just practicing the timing of his spike. i kinda predict where the guy jumps to. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
its possible to stand next to the edge, shdair above the edge and then DI back onto the stage. The situations for it are rare, but its hella wicked when pulled off.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
practice hitting down on the cstick instantly after jump/sh -this will help you immensely

-the best/easiest to recover from uses are sh-dair-airjump (no b moves needed usually)
-full jump-air jump-dair-side b
-and it takes practice but lastly run over the edge-air jump-dair-up b (practice spacing)

Top Bottom