• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Down Throw against Snake against the edge, an interesting case.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So, basically, I was playing my friend (Who occasionally uses Snake) with my Wolf and I grabbed him at the edge of Final D, so that Snake's legs were fully off the platform. I then Down Threw him. Wolf has a very unique down throw in that it sends them down ward with a VERY tiny horizontal knockback, essentially making it a very good 120% kill move at the edge. However, this Snake was at a very low percent, and as I down threw him, he came back, I got him again and threw him down again. Then he had no choice but to Cypher, I grabbed that and just waited as he died a very low death. Can any of you confirm this? I tried it with a comp and it works, but is there anything you can do?

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about grabbing Snake's cypher? Anyone can do that to make it 'disappear' and the Snake will most likely fall to his death.

In addition, if you end of grabbing the Snake; don't throw him. Let the throw break and he won't be able to UP+B again because he never landed.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Are you talking about grabbing Snake's cypher? Anyone can do that to make it 'disappear' and the Snake will most likely fall to his death.

In addition, if you end of grabbing the Snake; don't throw him. Let the throw break and he won't be able to UP+B again because he never landed.
No no, that's not quite what I meant. The down throw just perfectly threw him just so that he had to cypher and the cypher just came up to grab range, at which point I did what you just said.

T*H*O*R

Smash Cadet
Yeah this is a well documented method of gimping snake's recovery. If snake is grabbed while in the cypher, he cannot use it again if he is not thrown or hit by the person grabbing him. Oddly enough this also works with Wario's bite move (even in the air). This is why you will see pro snake players DIing their recovery away from the edge so as to avoid this type of death.

Hostility

Smash Ace
You can bomb jump back after grabbing snake out of his cypher, but otherwise if you get grabbed and breakout when offstage you just die.

Top Bottom