• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wolf's counter?

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
does wolf have many counters?

he seems pretty good with his down smash and foward smash

the only thing i see that owns him are fd's ledges and the occasional cape from mario (which pisses the hell out of me)

i guess im asking for match ups if anything.

EDIT: assuming wolf and the other player is good

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is my alt (Toon Link is my main). Even so, he *****. Seriously. I can sand bag with him, and three stock pretty decent players (IRL of course) without breaking a sweat. There are characters that are harder to beat than others, but nothing I would consider a counter. I have yet to play a rival of mine (who has a sick Dedede). However, I have seen him have trouble against another Wolf player. Though the other Wolf player wasn't as good as me, he still gave that Dedede a very rough time.

Wolf's secret to his dominance, is that he controls the center of the stage. His range is long as hell and his attacks come our REALLY quick and pack quite a punch (and have a significant priority too). He is heavy too, so its hard to get him out of the center and off the stage. His weakness is his crappy recovery, of course. If one could only get Wolf off and below the stage, its pretty much garunteed that he won't be able to get back on.

I am SO glad he is my alternate. He is fun to play as, but I would not want to main him. I feel kind of cheap when I use him, especially since I never have to try hard with him. Plus, his recovery is awful. Toon Link is much more technical and requires more thinking, timing, spacing, ect. When I play as Toon Link, and win, I feel that I actually EARNED the victory. With Wolf, its too easy.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
Wolf is my alt (Toon Link is my main). Even so, he *****. Seriously. I can sand bag with him, and three stock pretty decent players (IRL of course) without breaking a sweat. There are characters that are harder to beat than others, but nothing I would consider a counter. I have yet to play a rival of mine (who has a sick Dedede). However, I have seen him have trouble against another Wolf player. Though the other Wolf player wasn't as good as me, he still gave that Dedede a very rough time.

Wolf's secret to his dominance, is that he controls the center of the stage. His range is long as hell and his attacks come our REALLY quick and pack quite a punch (and have a significant priority too). He is heavy too, so its hard to get him out of the center and off the stage. His weakness is his crappy recovery, of course. If one could only get Wolf off and below the stage, its pretty much garunteed that he won't be able to get back on.

I am SO glad he is my alternate. He is fun to play as, but I would not want to main him. I feel kind of cheap when I use him, especially since I never have to try hard with him. Plus, his recovery is awful. Toon Link is much more technical and requires more thinking, timing, spacing, ect. When I play as Toon Link, and win, I feel that I actually EARNED the victory. With Wolf, its too easy.

"assuming both players are good" wolf doesn't 3 stock people, and his attacks don't come out REALLY quick, wolfs jab combo blows hard cause of how slow it is

best counters = snake, ROB, Zelda, Falco, Pit
snake just ***** ur face with AAA
ROB's dodge + downsmash is faster than wolfs jab / reflector and ROBs neutral A > Wolfs entire moveset
Zelda is a little skank who uses nuetral A whenever u try to fsmash and has aerial priority / fsmash priority
Falco's laser owns yours as does his jab, beats all wolfs attacks (but u got priority on him in other areas not sure if hes a wolf "counter" just an anoying mfcker)
We all know pit, faster with much more priority, better projectile spam

drewlynoted

Smash Cadet
well yeah, i play the mario bros and falco

i did have an easier time with falco though, but he does own me more

but man is it still satisfying to cape (mario) in a game that no one expects

up b too (luigi), but i find it harder to land sometimes

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
I have to say wolf counters are diffidently

Metaknight- He fast and will punish you also all his air attacks will beat wolfs
Marth- Longer reach in the air and on the ground also has better combo ability
DK- Much longer reach with tilts/ He can combo you with tilts until he gets you to 50% His Bair beats all wolfs air attacks
ROB-iv never experienced a good ROB player but heard it was a good counter.

As for snake i have no problem with them at all and don't see how they are wolfs counter.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
ROB is pretty hard to play against with Wolf. Metaknight is hard, but you have to camp lasers and wait for openings the WHOLE match. Camping is the only way to beat MK with Wolf, you won't do it any other way. Never had many problems with Marth.

Top Bottom