• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Chaingrab

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
After a couple matches I noticed that Wolf has a pretty decent chaingrab with his down throw. It requires good timing though, and it doesn't work on the lighter characters, and usually only work up to about 50-60%. It can be teched and easily DI'd out of, but I found this interesting and so many options after a downthrow it can be decent for mindgames, and his forward smash combos well with his dthrow at lower percents. You can also Side-B if you predict a jump to get an easy 10%. His Blaster is also a viable choice after downthrowing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you continually blaster after a d-throw, you're opponent will most likely find a way to counter it. Having options gives you the important ability to keep your opponent guessing, and he definitely has a lot of options after a d-throw.

RepMR

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it technically counts as a chain grab, but Wolf's D-Throw does have a lot of options coming out of it. I have a tendency to F-Tilt or F-Smash out of it the most though, but I need to try the blaster more often I think.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
after a d-throw, practice the dash timing, you can easily read a tech with an f-smash after a shield canceled dash, but if your playing someone who doesnt tech (non competitive) then chain grab them constantly... but really the safest option is shield canceled dash and read the tech, some characters like toon link can nair before they would even need to tech, you need to be careful for that, most of my combos lead from d-throw to a dash to an fsmash based on their tech, or sometimes a d-throw to a shield grab if they attack cancel the knockback, also a dash to a Usmash will **** em up bad if they tech straight up or even towards u, as always downsmash is always an option as well if the tech is towards you, personally i absolutely never tilt after a d-throw, i might want to laser sometimes tho..

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's a pretty good grab. The only thing I don't like about it is it's pretty difficult to follow it up with a good combo..

Top Bottom