• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf

Karmie

Smash Cadet
My god I hate Wolf. Period.

In a match, usually the player as Wolf sets up a wall of Lazer spam. My only effective way to overcome that spam is usually to come in with bair, but it gets predictable and they start punishing it. Instead of me shutting them out, I begin to get shut out .=(

Can anyone help me over come this matchup?

Karmie

Smash Cadet
That is true ^_^, but i'm giving MK a rest, kinda getting bored of him. DK is really fun to use so i'm trying my best to get better with him.

Do you have an advice for facing Wolf?

GodotAA

Smash Ace
try to power shield his lasers... i dont know if his ftilt stops them you can try it... i played a wolf today( i was metaknight though) when ever he shot lasers i just walked up and power shield everyone.

try to ftilt first it i know it stops a few projectiles im not sure bout wolfs though

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
DON'T f-tilt, you'll just eat a laser. Just walk forward and shield each one. If you're close enough down-b *****. Bair approach is hard against laser spam because it'll turn you around. Try to use platforms to help you close the distance. Try jumping over the Wolf behind him and bair or headbutt him.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Power Shield/Spot Dodge. You don't even need to approach, he'll be forced to come to you eventually if he's the impatient type.. You can shield grab Wolf so easily as DK....so yeah....just do that. If you feel like approaching just continually shield as you go until you're within your attack range. Chances are he'll try a Fsmash which is easy to predict. Higher level wolfs (who probably aren't spamming) are going to try and go through you with a Fair to land behind you so be prepared to lauch a Dsmash out of shield if they go for it.

i1337

Smash Ace
what i do is actually double jump over him, then bair from behind him. usually this will make them start attacking you up close, and in that case, moar back air!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Against Wolf use lots of DownBs and dtilts to outspace him. Wolf hates being ouspaced. Watch out, some Wolfs love to use Shine as a counter attack (it has 6 invincibility frames and a disjointed hitbox at the beginning).

i1337

Smash Ace
Against Wolf use lots of DownBs and dtilts to outspace him. Wolf hates being ouspaced. Watch out, some Wolfs love to use Shine as a counter attack (it has 6 invincibility frames and a disjointed hitbox at the beginning).
but downb wont do any good if hes laser spamming since his blaster outranges it.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
lol, but isnt that sort of "high risk"(lol)? i mean, you can easily mess up the ps.
Some wolfs spam lasers, not to be a ***, but to bait you into an aerial. No I don't always P-shield. I'm not perfect. Sometimes I miss and the risk isn't worth it. I've practiced P-shield non-stop though. I feel its a necessity when you're playing one of the only chars out of 35 that don't have something to spam back.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wolf doesn't really seem that hard for DK >_>.

If he bair camps just bair camp him back lol.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Never fight him on a predominantly flat stage. Platforms are your friend in this match-up.

If you HAVE to fight him on a flat stage, there's enough lag in his shot to shield and approach between them until in CQC range.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Tujex is right. I played against a wolf in tourney yesterday, and that's all you really need. I think all hes got against dk is his lazers, and if he gives up on that, just shield grab, and ****.

i1337

Smash Ace
really?

i find it harder to plat against wolf on stages like battlefield. i like playing him on smashville though, cuz of the moving platform :)

Top Bottom