• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf is starting to annoy me.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever been knock off the stage, and tried to use side B to get to the ledge and half way through he just stops and free falls? WTF is this?:mad:

He doesn't hit the ledge, doesn't get stuck underneath or anything, just STOPS and falls. You still keep your second jump and Up-B but when I use side-b to recover I immediately start mashing the A button in or to......

1. attack from the ledge to get back on stage.

2. or get right into his 3 hit A combo if the side-b takes me onto the stage instead of sweet spotting the ledge.

When this glitch happens and he starts free falling I accidentally use N-air while falling and lose a stock. It's ridiculous because you never see it coming when you're very much focused on the match. Some times even if I'm falling and using Nair by accident, I can catch myself and use the second jump and up-B to get up to the ledge but many times I end up losing a stock because of the duration of the Nair.

Does this happen to you guys?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Sometimes, I upB to the ledge, IM RIGHT NEXT TO IT, AND HE DOESNT GRAB ON >;O

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Ok, to answer both your question:

E.M.- The thing that is happening to you is light stepping, it's a glitch on wolf's side special that happens when he hits the ledge at a certain heigh, it's sort of like grabbing and letting go of the edge immidiatly, so you get your second jump back and your recovery.
it catches most of us unprepared so don't feel bad, and instead of mashing A after recovering you should stop and think what is the best thing to do.

Barge..- Yours is easier; Sakurai is a mother****er because he gave Wolf a tiny sweetspot on his fire wolf, it's not a glitch, nor an error, it's just the way the move is.

thrash25

Smash Rookie
what i do is every time i'm gonna forward b to the ledge i ALWAYS GET PREPARED to jump and up b just in case i free fall. hope it helps.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is only for patient people. If you can't get used to it just switch to another character. For me it is just second nature to react properly as soon as this happens.

What you do start to learn once you get used to Wolf's weird recovery in general is that he has a lot of ways of being unpredictable when recovering, which you can use to your advantage. I've actually had opponents get thrown off when trying to edge guard me BECAUSE this happened.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
"recover horizontally rather than vertically"

That's what I do. Re-read the original post.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
i once found i dide side b to recover hit the ledge of the stage just where the sweetspot is and did another side b without pressing it which brought me to the middle of FD does anyone know why?

Top Bottom