• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wolf is a good punisher.

Zink

Smash Champion
wolf is awesome. granted. BUT there's more to life than fsmash->fsmash->fsmash. We need to take advantage of Wolf's special skillz to punish every mistake your opponent makes. Do they take too long to make it back to the stage? bair wall! Are their recoveries predictable? spike! Do they stand right on the edge when edgegaurding you? sweetspot side-b! in the air it's a spike! Do they do anything at all with even the tiniest amount of lag within several yards of you? fsmash, usmash, ftilt, dtilt, sh fair, anything. Do they not want to approach you? blaster time! Are they too aggressive? powershield and usmash->long bloody bair chain! whiff anything close up? dmsmash! leave shield up for just a moment too long? grab and recharge your stale moves with grab attack!
wolf is really good at punishing creatively, so vary your moves. teach opponents that they can never make a mistake, or it'll hurt. badly.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
awesome speech dude. And everything you said is true, which is what alot of us are striving to accomplish. I think I'll qoute this in my new thread.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
lag attacks at low percent = meet Wolf's boots (utilt) It's like a nerfed version of SSB Pikachu's utilt.

Corin

Smash Lord
I love wolf's up and side tilts, especially his side-tilt since it has two-hits, and can usually be followed up by an annoying laser. Be patient, punish them when necessary, throw in a good laser when you can for that extra little damage.

I love his Bairs, too, I wish his Fair had a little more horizontal knockback to them, but it still deals good damage. So far, Wolf has been my favourite since I unlocked him.

Also, at low percentages, throwing them down and using a side-tilt in their direction is usually a guarantee'd hit. I've taken to using it as a starter combo. I think I've been able to use it up to 40% with medium-weight chars, and after that the grab pushes them too far, but that doesn't mean you couldn't possibly chase with a fair or bair, depending on their DI.

Ako

Smash Rookie
Wolf's boot (Utilt) is amazing of course, but for those who aren't aware of this, you can turn off the joystick's ability to do a jump when you utilt too quickly. Go to settings, controls and turn off the joystick jump setting. (Sure most of us know this, but Im saying this for the benefit of those who dont =P ) this works very well for those of us who want to utilt often and still jump with x/y or any other button for that matter

Top Bottom