• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf help

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
This guys down smash goes way to fast. His blaster is too big for Kirby to duck. My secret weapon of inhaling him and spiting him under the stage doesnt work. Oh and UNLIKE fox his Up B special doesnt have that long *** animation to gimp... F my cousin winning... ahah

How do I win? I space properly with my hammer and my bair, but he still gets me with his gay downsmash and kills me at like 70% near the ledge.
I cant run and dair off the stage like I do with most people and foot stool jump them to there death using kirby. Its always a close match but then he down smashes me then I go bye bye... that crap is overpowered -_- ahah

Him and marth plus snake is gayyyy with the god tier meta.

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
wolf is the hardest matchup of the Star Fox characters for the little dude. Try to use air attacks more (unless your cousin is good at avoiding them). Otherwise you're toast. When I'm facing Wolf, I use my secondary: Pika or Falco. Falco has several advantages over Wolf, and is one of Wolf's worst matchups.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
My cousin gets hit by my my air attacks, the matchup is pretty even for me. I just lose when we have one stock each. Wolf is my worst matchup too right next to marth. He just uses Wolf when I beat him with his main Yoshi..... I can beat his main and his secondary Ice Climbers. Just not his Wolf.... I hate using Spacies tho, so I might either pick R.O.B, Pika, or D3.
The thing is that Kirbys air attacks dont kill around 100% in the middle of the stage but Wolfs bair does. The only sufficient way I found to kill him on stage is around the 100% is Dtilt(trip) to Foward smash
or Dair to Foward smash.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
You can hit wolf out of a dsmash with the second hit if you time/space it so it comes out just before you touch the ground. The second hit knocks them at a downward -horizontal angle as well, and since its wolf, he will probably die.

Really wolf is one of kirbys easier matchups... just play him more with kirby and you will get used to him. Try inhaling him and spitting him under the stage... it can kill him at 0% cause his recovery is so bad.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
Your talking about the hammer right?
Should I full hop > then hammer?
I hammer like I use bair tho, The only time I see the second hit is off stage. I guess I need to start doing that
I blame me losing on wifi xD
Well you can spit him under the stage. Only the computer sometimes can recover from spit under the stage while facing wolf. Only a lucky *** human can tilt his Up B enough to recover.
I main kirby, and hopefully pretty good with him. Been using him for like 4 to 5 months now?

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
Against Wolf, the only 3 attacks I really use on the ground is up tilt, forward smash (for a KO), and grabs. Sometimes I'll use an up smash when he tries to recover onto the stage. What I'm trying to say is stay in the air as much as possible. Just aerial camp, the only move Wolf has that can KO in the air is forward air at about 120%. You should not be dying to a back air at 100% in the middle of stage, you're probably DIing wrong if you are. Are you holding up after you get hit?

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
I meant to say fair. Im sorry I didnt know the exact Info. I DI right, if i dont I blame wifi on lagging.
The only time I died from bair around 100% was near the edge. I like fighting near the edge, but his down smash kills me around 70%.
Why would you upsmash when hes trying to recover? Is he below the the stage or across from it?

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
copying wolfs blaster can mean trouble for him. it turns into a bad situation when he starts jumping around into your lasors. so just try camping him. and mix it up with a cutter aswell when he gets too close. too close means cutter beam max distance.

and you know the gonzo combo ofcourse? face own on wolf

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
Yeah thanks, my cousin stopped using wolf, ahah and my bad for my inability to read,
Fthrow > Uair > Fthrrow > Uair = WIN

Top Bottom