• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf-Counter Tips

neji49

Smash Cadet
After playing my friend on wifi and losing(lag), we are going to face off again. Originally I thought it would be easy,but apparently his main is Wolf and he only used Falco against me at the time because he didn't have Wolf. I mainly play as Falco,but I also use Shiek/Zelda, and Toon Link. Could you give me any anti-wolf strategies to use against him?

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
When you think your out of range from wolf's fsmash..your not, its still going to hit you. Yes its got crazy range, but it shouldn't KO you until around 130. Try not to get caught in a uair juggle and watch out for the bair edgeguard. Fair can KO at around 115. Wolf has quite good priority on just about every move.

If your using falco you can chain grab wolf with a dthrow from 0-40 and possibly combo near the edge into a dair spike. Falco also has a really good bair edgeguard...one of the best IMO. You should also try to approach with SHL into a utilt --> nair combo. You can just reflect any lazer spam he trys.

Juicy

Smash Apprentice
personally i would suggest asking in the falco/sheik/tl threads since people who read the wolf board more likely know how to play as him than know the stategies for other people............

but thats beside the point,

all i can say for falco is illusion unexpectidly and stay out of wolf's fsmash

for zelda id say to spam din fire and use upsmash and dash attack when ever they get close, zelda is stronger, faster attacks, and better recovery, bair can kill at very low percents

not sure about skeik, try to use the same technices from melee??......

for toon link im not sure what to say, mabey use his superior speed and the sweet spot on the dair when wolfs off the stage.

Top Bottom