• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Advice

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet
This is probably just difference in playstyle but I feel like you don't throw out enough lasers. Your Wolf seems to be very close range, so throwing out some lasers now and then wouldn't hurt; considering how often you go for the DAirs, the hitstun from a laser would probably assist you greatly in that.

When you were fighting the Ike, I saw a lot of Side B's that were a tiny bit iffy, which usually resulted in a hard punish. In the Lucairo game, you were much more careful with them. Just know that although Side B is a beautiful, glorious kill when you land it, it is the literal definition of high-risk, high-reward.

Last thing I would probably comment on is the scarcity of UAir. UAir is (in my opinion) one of Wolf's best aerials. It comes out extremely quickly, and angles them to either Side B or into another UAir. Try using it a bit more.

Otherwise, I think your Wolf is good, if a bit bit close-ranged. You have a good understanding of shine and you waveland your blasters when you use them.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
This is probably just difference in playstyle but I feel like you don't throw out enough lasers. Your Wolf seems to be very close range, so throwing out some lasers now and then wouldn't hurt; considering how often you go for the DAirs, the hitstun from a laser would probably assist you greatly in that.

When you were fighting the Ike, I saw a lot of Side B's that were a tiny bit iffy, which usually resulted in a hard punish. In the Lucairo game, you were much more careful with them. Just know that although Side B is a beautiful, glorious kill when you land it, it is the literal definition of high-risk, high-reward.

Last thing I would probably comment on is the scarcity of UAir. UAir is (in my opinion) one of Wolf's best aerials. It comes out extremely quickly, and angles them to either Side B or into another UAir. Try using it a bit more.

Otherwise, I think your Wolf is good, if a bit bit close-ranged. You have a good understanding of shine and you waveland your blasters when you use them.
I really understand him especially since I main Fox & Falco in Melee and thanks for the advice btw.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I really understand him especially since I main Fox & Falco in Melee and thanks for the advice btw.
Don't get too ahead of yourself. Your Wolf still has a long way to go, and this is positive, you still have lots you can learn. Like jaytorgator said, use more wavelanded blaster, it's a good approach/spacing tool. I'd say continue to work on your fundamentals, and work on your combo game, pillaring is a very easy way to rack up damage.

Top Bottom